what does bob mean when he says compliment?

Options
I have been doing the Biggest Loser bootcamp and Bob's weight loss yoga. He says that 2 dvds compliment each other. What exactly do you think he means by that? I have been doing both everyday.

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,744 Member
    Options
    I think he means "complement," which sounds the same but means something different from "compliment."

From dictonary.com:

As a noun, complement means “something that completes or makes perfect”: The rare old brandy was a perfect complement to the delicious meal. As a verb, complement means “to complete”: A bright scarf complements a dark suit. The noun compliment means “an expression of praise, commendation, or admiration”: The members paid her the compliment of a standing ovation. The verb compliment means “to pay a compliment to”: Everyone complimented him after the recital.
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I would assume he means they go well together....just like white wine compliments chicken. :)
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I would assume he means they go well together....just like white wine compliments chicken. :)

Oops. Sorry for the duplicate post.
  • PJilly
    Options
    You mean when the white wine says, "Gee, chicken, you look awfully lovely this evening"? :laugh:
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    Are you trying to be insulting or are you trying to be funny? I understand that I mispelled complement, this is a website, I did not think that was such a big deal. But copying and pasting the definition ... Really?!?! All I meant by my question was, do you think I should be doing them one right after the other, alternating days, or whatever. Thanks for your input... I guess.
  • misty879
    misty879 Posts: 16
    Options
    Are you trying to be insulting or are you trying to be funny?

I think Jill was trying to be helpful. I can see that it could be taken both ways, but I think she was trying to be helpful..

I think Bob means that they go well together, like the other post suggests.
  • PJilly
    Options
    In my first post, I was trying to be informative, not insulting or funny. I honestly thought you misunderstood what complement meant. I'm a copy editor, so this kind of stuff is my area of expertise and I'm used to answering these kinds of of questions. In my second post, I was trying to be funny. Looks like I failed on all fronts. :ohwell:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Sorry I misunderstood your question. I totally didn't get that you wanted to know if you should do then back to back or alternating days.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I have a few of the biggest loser dvds and my assumtion is that if you do the videos together you can get a more well rounded workout for maximum results. I have bob's boot camp which is a little challenging and really works the muscles then I have his yoga video which really helps flexibility and is great for stretching the muscles worked in the boot camp video. I do boot camp one day then yoga the next.

Also with the power sculpt and cardio max using them together has the same effect. Maximum results because the first is working the muscle groups and then you get a good cardio workout with the cardio max.

That is what I gather anyway. Hope this helps!:flowerforyou:
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation. I was really just asking if I should be doing the workouts back to back or not. That is what I have been doing. I did not mean to be touchy and I am sorry if I misunderstood your post. I appreciate all of the help on here! Maybe I should have an extra snack and not be so sensitive!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation. I was really just asking if I should be doing the workouts back to back or not. That is what I have been doing. I did not mean to be touchy and I am sorry if I misunderstood your post. I appreciate all of the help on here! Maybe I should have an extra snack and not be so sensitive!
    You're welcome. Sometimes I'm way too much of word geek for my own good. Thank you for understanding!

I haven't done those workouts, but I would think he meant to do them alternating days, not the same day. I guess Bob could do a better job of being clear too, huh? At least we're in good company! :smile: