World's fastest workout?

Options
I've seen it floating around places such as pintrest, but I want someone's take on it. Is there any way that it can honestly boost your metabolism for up to 36 hours and all that stuff it claims? Its just 8 twenty second rounds of burpees, mountain climbers, high knees, and jumping jacks...

Replies

• Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Nope. And while I'm not on Pintrest what I have seen and have been sent from Pintrest's fitness section is udder crap.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    udder crap.

that's how ecoli happens.
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Nope. And while I'm not on Pintrest what I have seen and have been sent from Pintrest's fitness section is udder crap.

Moo.
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    It's called Tabata and certainly has its benefits.
  • rawrkeia
    rawrkeia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I stick with that with the most part, but I thought I'd get an opinion before I shoved it off the actual list of decent workouts.

Mmkay! Thanks guys!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

precisely. tabata will kick your *kitten*...chew you up and spit you out...and make you vomit (or want to) by the time it's over (if done properly).
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    The workout style is called Tabata. You do each exercise 8 rounds - go for 20 seconds as hard/fast as you can and then rest for 10 seconds so it takes 4 minutes each exercise. Then you rest (walk it out) for 3 minutes in between each. Basically a 30 minute workout. You can do any 4 exercises (even machines).

I don't know if it boosts your metabolism for 36 hours, but it does burn some calories.
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options

We do Tabata at the fitness boot camp I attend. It does have it's benefits but I don't know if it's actually speeds up the metabolism anymore than any other exercise. It's a killer workout though---and I am always spent afterwards.
  • Plates559
    Options

precisely. tabata will kick your *kitten*...chew you up and spit you out...and make you vomit (or want to) by the time it's over (if done properly).

And not meant to be done on a daily basis.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options

Is that from a cow who hasn't been milked in weeks? Turned to cottage cheese? Poor Bessie.
  • Plates559
    Options
    Utter... i haven't had my coffee yet guys :grumble:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    It will boost metabolism for YEARS, not just hours.

And if that's too much effort, I can sell you a pill that will do the same thing.