In a dinner rut

Options
We're stuck in a dinner rut at our house, and I am dying for some ideas. Lately we make any of the following for dinner: Ham and bean soup, tomato soup, chicken taco soup, salad with chicken or beef strips, fajitas, salad wraps (and anything that doesn't include salad or greens has a salad on the side). I need meals that are around 500 cals and are completely cow's-milk-product free (no milk, cheese, butter, yogurt, etc).

I'd love some ideas!

Replies

• barbara4599
    barbara4599 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    How about a veggie omlet? I use mushrooms, onions, tomato, spinach....whatever I have on hand. If you can do goat cheese and fresh basil it really turns it into a gourmet meal!
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Or some Stir Fry. Just sautee up some of your favorite veggies, add chicken or beef, serve over rice. Yummy and low cal.
  • Hogscliffe
    Hogscliffe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Chicken curry, chopped tomatoes and onions curry paste or gram masalla or curry powder, lots of freshly chopped coriander- lush!:smile:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Quiche or frittata

overnight oats and hard boiled eggs

chili w/ ground turkey or lean beef

spaghetti w/ bolognese sauce

baked chicken and rosemary potatoes

stir fry w/ shrimp/steak/or chicken and loads of veggies

fried rice w/ shrimp/steak/chicken and loads of veggies
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Visit this website (you're welcome in advance ;) )

skinnytaste.com

I made the chicken and lentil soup with homemade honey whole wheat rolls last night for dinner...my husband flipped...I have not had ONE bad recipe from her-they've all been amazing. Good stuff there for breads, soups, casseroles, desserts...fantastic. Has the nutrition facts right there...Enjoy!
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Try this-cook boneless-skinless chicken breasts, Shred chx-take a 9x13 pan-spray with Pam-cut corn tortillas into strips. I like green enchillada sauce but salsa or red will work too. Start with a little sauce on bottom of pan-layer torts, chicken and then strips-a layer of beans (I use balck mixed with small can green chilis) strips-chx-strips beans-strips-pour sauce over top-bake at 350 for about 30 minutes covered, uncover sprinkle with black olives, chopped tomatos and onion-bake another 10- minutes. Let set 5 minutes before serving-garnish with lettuce and more veggies if you'd like. You can also use a layer of corn in between or any veggies you like pepper strips, zuc, broc-just play with this. A fairly low cal casserole. I like the corn tortillas as there are only 80 cal in two. I would guess that this recipe has about 400-500 per serving (that is on high side) of course original recipe calls for cheese, sr cream......
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday when I make my grocery list I go onto Pinterest and browse the food board for ideas!! I write down 5-6 different meals for the week and all the ingredients I need. We eat different food just about EVERY week. I modify some of the recipes to be healthier, but they have a ton of great ideas on there! I love it! It's definitely improved my cooking!
  • atomicpoppy
    Options
    Wow, you guys are quick and have given me great ideas already! I'm going to suggest stir fry for dinner tonight!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I'm having these for lunch today:

http://www.annies-eats.com/2010/03/05/baked-southwestern-egg-rolls/

Just don't add the cheese and this would totally work for you. So yummy!

I also love to put some beans (black, kidney, and garbanzo) in a crockpot with corn, diced tomatoes, and onion and let it cook all day. Serve on tortillas with fresh spinach for a great easy dinner.