weight loss plateau

Options
i started going to the gym last june and i lost weight until december. since then i haven't been losing weight anymore. this april i started doing boxing along with my usual cardio and weight training but still nothing is happening. i eat healthy too. any advice?

Replies

• click123
    click123 Posts: 4
    Options
    i started going to the gym last june and i lost weight until december. since then i haven't been losing weight anymore. this april i started doing boxing along with my usual cardio and weight training but still nothing is happening. i eat healthy too. any advice?
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    Hi!
    You don't have much to lose (just 13lbs) so read this thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/12250-1000-calorie-deficit-not-for-people-with-healthy-bmi
    and also some posts for newbies.
    Tell us sth more about yourself - how much you weight, what kind of exercise you do, how many net calories do you eat etc.
    Sometimes changing your exercise routine helps.
    Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    i hit a plateau starting about 3 weeks ago as of today lost 3 lbs to total 41 lbs lost since jan 15th yahoo
  • Are you eating all day - that is 5-6 smalls "meals", and how's your protein intake? Be sure to get at least 10g in each "meal". Since I started keeping track of my food, I have found that I was eating ALOT of carbs, especially sugar. I still keep my calories low - they just are empty calories.

I really am working on more protein. But then I have to consider the fat and calories with meat, so usually for a snack I drink a protein shake. I LOVE Advocare Meal Replacement Shakes for breakfast (220 cal) and Muscle Gaiin for a snack (135 cal). I love them so much I signed up for a discount! Discount groceries that help me stay fit? Yeah!

Hope this helps. :flowerforyou:
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Two Things:

1. You've changed your workout, change the food you are eating. For example: Every morning I was eating egg whites with a soy sausage pattie. I switched to Steel cut oats, and it helped. Of course I switched up more then just my breakfast, but you get the idea.

2. This one I have not done yet:grumble: , Knock off the wine/beer intake. I include it into my calories, but it does slow down the metabolisim.

Other than that just eat smaller meals, make sure you are eating enough, and keep up the great work!

:drinker: (Just Kidding)
  • bekahtraynor
    Options
    I hear ya! I am at a plateau myself. Things around here have just been non-stop and I haven't had two seconds to myself it seems. It sucks, but at least I didn't gain any. I'm hitting it hard this week though. I only have 13 pounds to go to my goal and I am frustrated!!!
  • click123
    click123 Posts: 4
    Options
    it really gets frustrating when you're so near to your goal yet so far, if that made sense.
    actually to be honest, i am in a healthy weight for my height cause im only like 5 feet and weigh 103 lbs. i used to weigh a lot more and because of those fat i lost i now have these "loose skin" which my trainer said still contains fat and so i still have to lose fat. it's just a matter of looking good physically in a bikini really.

i think i have been doing the same exercises i have been doing since i first started, only now i carry heavier weights, and i've also added boxing.

the food i eat, i dont really follow the 1 cup rice, 1 ounce chicken breast etc etc stuff. i eat more, like i eat maybe 3-4 deck of cards sizes of chicken breast with like 1-2 bowls of fruits and veggies for lunch. but i eat the healthy foods, no refined carbs and stuff like that. and once a week cheat day, every sunday, i eat out with my family. that's about it.

btw, thanks everyone for your inputs. i appreciate it =]
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    You may only need to tone up, not lose any more weight. If you lose more fat the skin is going to be even looser, isn't it?
    Boxing seems a very good exercise, however, I would change your routine more often. I've heard it's best to change weights training workouts every month or even every 2-3 weeks! Always make sure your muscles are tired after the workout.