Ramekin recipes?

Options
Hey guys. I bought some ramekins, but I want to use them for healthy recipes. Anyone have any ideas or recipes they can share? I have two of them, so I need recipes for two. I made a souffle last night and I blew it. It tasted soooo wrong. Thanks.

Replies

• nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I use them for individual Shepherds pies, and stews, with a buscuit topping. Any recipe can be made in Ramekins I suppose
  • preacheraflame
    Options
    What is a Ramekin?
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    What is a Ramekin?

Have you ever seen Top chef or Master chef where they cook those souffles? It's those little round dishes that they use. Sorry, I don't know a better way to explain it. I am new to them myself.
  • madworld1
    Options
    I use them for individual Shepherds pies, and stews, with a buscuit topping. Any recipe can be made in Ramekins I suppose

Yum. A healthy version of Shepherds pie would be good!
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    What is a Ramekin?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXRGNihzEcfy7ZKpqcx_DUv-jWxJAaiaoUHP_POM0qJt7cpA9X

wonderful items to have in the kitchen :)
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Our favorite is homemade pot pies. Everyone fills their own with assorted veggies and their favorite protein. (My hubby and daughters like shrimo and chicken together. Then add some low sodium creamed soup (or broth thickened with cornstarch). I roll out a pilsbury pie crust a little thinner than the way it comes in the package (to further reduce calories) and cover the top of the ramekin. Cut some air vents and bake at 425 for 35 minutes. Calorie count varies based on what you add. I use alot of veggies so mine are pretty filling and low calorie too.

I also like to make an easy breakfast treat by adding apples or other seasonal fruit along with cinnamon, vanilla, (or appropriate spices) a little water anc cornstarch into a greased ramekin. The I add a bit of pancake batter - I make mine from scratch with egg beaters and sugar free vanilla syrup so it is very low calorie - and bake about 25 minutes at 350
  • preacheraflame
    Options
    What is a Ramekin?

Have you ever seen Top chef or Master chef where they cook those souffles? It's those little round dishes that they use. Sorry, I don't know a better way to explain it. I am new to them myself.

Thank you.
  • preacheraflame
    Options
    What is a Ramekin?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXRGNihzEcfy7ZKpqcx_DUv-jWxJAaiaoUHP_POM0qJt7cpA9X

wonderful items to have in the kitchen :)

Thank you
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    bump, what a good idea, perfect size!!!!
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    want to see more ideas, bump for later
  • andrea_v2h
    Options
    I bake eggs in mine to reheat throughout the week for breakfast. They come out a perfect size to make sandwiches (or just eat them as is) and you can make as many or few as you want.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray the ramekins with nonstick spray (or whatever method you prefer to grease them).

Scramble up some eggs and put them in the ramekins. I prefer to scramble each one individually with a tiny splash of milk and sprinkle of salt and pour into the ramekin. You can add cooked veggies and meats to make little omelets if you want.

Place the ramekins in a baking dish large enough to accommodate them all. Fill the baking dish with about an inch of hot water. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

The water bath is definitely key to getting them to come out with a good texture and to release from the ramekins easily. I skipped the water bath last week and it was a pain to get them out. I ate mangled eggs for breakfast all week and didn't think I'd ever get the ramekins fully clean!
  • madworld1
    Options
    Just wanna say thanks for the ideas! I am really excited about these little dudes. I think they will be perfect for portion control. I make a lot of Italian food around here, so I could just put a smaller (and healthier) portion in a ramekin and call that one mine. :)
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    I'd like some more recipes too please
  • bellesmama75
    Options
    bump
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I use mine to make individual servings of French Onion Soup -- and during the holidays, I use them for treats like butterscotch pudding :)