In Need of Motivation...

Options
Today it was one of those days that I looked at the scale and my worst fear came to reality. After several weeks of losing weight here and there, I took a bad decision and over the weekend I ate fried foods, craving foods, comfort foods. I gained of course almost 5 pounds as a result of my indulgence. I feel so irresponsible because I had a goal and I mess up. Well I need people who can help me and encourage me. If you would like to add me please feel free to do so and thank you very much everyone!

Replies

• amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    you had to have eaten a lot of fried foods to gain 5lbs... stop beating yourself up and dont blame it on one thing. more than likely you are just bloated a little from the salt in the foods you ate you will be fine
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    No way a weekend bender accounts for 5 pounds. many other things can contribute. just time to get back to the grind. It will be ok...
  • rafqahachem
    Options
    Don't lose motivation and don't stop aiming for the goal. Last weekend was just that last weekend. In the long run it won't really mess up your weight loss goals. Don't beat yourself up, go for a walk and let it go. :happy:
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water............did you eat like 50,000 calories worth? I'm sure it's mostly water....and poo....
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'd suspect some fluid retention. . .just guessing those fried & comfort foods where high in sodium! Just get back to the plan and see if by the end of the week the scale doesn't swing back to where it was pre-bender. Don't freak out. Refocus and get back on track. You'll be fine in no time!!
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Its okay, dont let it discourage you :)
  • richellekramer
    Options
    Agreed. No way you gained 5 lbs. It gotta be the sodium. Drink lots of water over the next few days and it will come off. I think women's body's just don't work evenly. Some weeks you will lose and others nothing, despite all the best efforts. I guess that's why we shouldn't weigh daily - or if we do, expect those big fluctuations. Remember the saying - slow and steady wins the race!!
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. it is NOT FAT. 5 lbs of fat is 17,500 cals. I doubt you ate 17,500 excess cals in a weekend!

Its water.
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you're learning to play the piano, and you make some mistakes, what do you do? You do your best to forget the errors, and carefully practise again, doing it right.

Learning to eat healthfully needs to be approached the same way. Forget the errors (maybe be aware of what triggered them), and keep practising!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I have had a hard time with motivation too. It all comes down to what you want. Sometimes I just feel like I don't care if I'm fat. Other times its really hard to like the me I have created. I need to remember those times when I don't care. My goal is to stop the self loathing so I can be happier in every part of my life.
  • princessanna2662
    Options
    I am sure most of it is water weight/retention - I will send you a request!
  • stephiegirl1215
    Options
    Happens to me all the time. Once a month I'll gain 3-5 pounds back and it takes about a week/half a week to get back to normal. Usually it's just bloat. Also if we go out to eat and I don't get something particularly healthy I'll gain 2 pounds the next day, but it's mostly fluid retention because that stuff is really salty. Everything balances out in a few days. Just try to look at things from a broader perspective; it won't effect your efforts overall as long as you don't give up. Compensate today with smaller calorie meals and chug a great deal of water to flush out your system, then go back to normal but keep up with the water! :) It's all about balance.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    'You haven't failed until you quit trying' <<< quite apt I'd say. Get your head back in the game and it'l all be ok
  • debbifae
    debbifae Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am new and this is my first post. My name is Debbie and I suffer from lots of weekend binging! Like you, I always feel guilty and think it is over when I see the extra pound or more on Monday morning. I have finally come to the conclusion that I cannot keep feeling guilty and I should definitely NOT get on the scale on Monday! If you wait and weigh toward the end of the week, you wont feel so discouraged! And like others have said, it is probably water weight. This too shall pass!
  • sunflowerkids
    Options
    I had a bad weekend too. Too much company and to much food. I'm sure we are both holding water and the scale will bounce back down in a couple of days. :-)
  • Star0007
    Options
    I would agree... probably lots of water, and waste. I would say drink tonnes of water this week.. it will help, and you wont feel so puffy and the # on the scale will come down. :)
  • v_snowdrop
    Options
    Your mistake doesn't matter. It's what you do AFTER making a mistake that's most important.

That's what I tell myself when I slip up. It helps me to not dwell on setbacks.
  • jedrai
    jedrai Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree, slow and steady wins the race. Most of that is water and waste, not fat. It is really frustrating though. Last night, I broke down and ate a ton of cheese curls and lowfat (haha) popcorn loaded with my favorite salt shaker food, ketchup (about 200 MG a tablespoon) . Today the scale was up two pounds. OUCH!!
  • johnsongs1
    johnsongs1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree. It is water retention because of the sodium. Just get back on the wagon. No one is perfect. If I thought I could never have a favorite food again, I couldn't stay on a healthy eating plan. It doesn't mean you can never eat what you want again. It just means that you limit those foods, and eat healthy most of the time. Just flush it out with water and eat a healthy diet the rest of this week.
  • ErB56
    ErB56 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think the best asset when trying to lose weight is amnesia. The only thing that you have control over is today. Be happy that you had a good time over the weekend, but forget about what you ate. It does not have any impact on what you do today / right now. You have a plan. Get back to it and good luck!