Approaching the Hill and hoping for a good ride.

Options
:flowerforyou:
Hello, I joined the site a few days ago and so far I am encouraged by the progress I have made, I hope both mentally and physically. The only success I have ever had with dieting is to log my meals and exercise. I never participated in the chat / message boards, I think this is why I have failed in the past. I will be 39 this summer and I would like to have a child, my husband and I have tried for years, but 15 years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS. This makes it difficult for most women to conceive without intervention. The only proven fix is drastic weight loss, that is made difficult by insulin resistance and diabetes. I hope to make a real long-lasting change in my life and I am looking for friends who will be doing the same.

Replies

• cmck_56
    cmck_56 Posts: 3
    Options
    Best of luck mate, your on the right track, my dad also suffers from diabetes and is in his late 50's. The earlier you start the easier!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Welcome to chatting!!! You can do this! The times you feel discouraged go to the success stories on here for boosting your belief, they are so amazing by real people who want YOU to have the same success that they have!! I truly wish you success in your weight loss so you can achieve your other goal!!! Best wishes and happy early birthday!!!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm sure you will do great! You have the right attitude for success!!! :bigsmile: Good luck on your journey through you new lifestyle... :flowerforyou:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, tia. I have PCOS & T2 diabetes, and got pregnant a month off the pill. We were kinda shocked. Don't let people tell you it's hard or intervention is necessary. Miracles happen every day!
  • JMKelmer
    JMKelmer Posts: 19
    Options
    you can do it!!! Kids are amazing and worth all the challenges you will face!!!!