Replies

• Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Depends....what are you making?
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You're going to get varying opinions here & I would say do whatever works for you. My personal findings, is I sleep better if I'm not miserably full from a big dinner (plus then I don't wake up starving!). I try to eat a bigger breakfast & lunch, then go light with dinner. I also have 2 snacks between my main meals.
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    What is usually your largest meal of the day? Mine is dinner.But I am thinking I should make it breakfast

Mine is Dinner as well... But, I have a cousin that's a pro boxer.. Golden Gloves, and now a trainer.... He always told me to have your breakfast as your largest meal w/ dinner being your smallest...
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing that either we are supposed to break up our meals into five small meals a day or your lunch should be the largest. I am not sure which is true.
    The five meals a day thing is a myth. Do whatever YOU personally prefer.

It isnt a myth if you are trying to build muscle, just if you think it will help you lose weight faster. the eating more often thing works wonderfully for me :-)
    It's still a myth. Hitting daily macro totals is far, far, far more important than timing of meals.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I tend to have my meals broken up into smaller meals, mostly because that makes the "cook on Sunday, put it in the fridge, and put it in your bag before going to work" process easier. I make three meals and that usually covers me for the work day with breakfast, lunch, whatever you'd call that third entree, and some snacks. (I should mention that, because of my size and activity, my daily target tends to be around 3000 calories.)

I do, however, usually save about 1/3 of my daily caloric allotment for after work. That way, I have wiggle room in the event I go out for a "normal" evening meal or, alternatively, I can make small balanced meals / snacks to finish off my daily needs.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Mine is dinner. And I know that's probably not the best idea. Oh well...it's when I'm most hungry cuz it's right after I workout. Hasn't hindered my weight loss so I'm not too concerned about it.
  • angelicasmommy
    angelicasmommy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It's not a myth. It all comes down to preference. Some people prefer to eat 6 meals a day, some prefer to only eat 3. Hell, some prefer just 1. Personal preference.
    I prefer to have breakfast as my biggest meal because then I am not hungry until lunch time. I heard somewhere something along the lines of, "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and supper like a pauper." That's just how some people prefer to eat.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, I always space mine out. That way I'm never still hungry when I'm done with a meal, but never miserable if I have to take in more calories in one meal to make up for a light meal I had or plan to have at one point in the day. Seems to be working out alright so far.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    din dins usually...but then I have four to six meals per day...of almost equal proportions...but when home from work, hunger kicks in and this is where my extra food gets added...
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Usually lunch during the week and breakfast on the weekends..I go to have free meals then and they have healthy options.
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Mine is generally dinner. I bring my breakfast and lunch and snacks with me to work every day and I can only fit so much into my lunch box :wink: . I also like to leave at least 500 cals for dinner since it's generally my most unpredictable meal.
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    prob dinner most times but it all depends on what i fancy at breackfast and lunch
  • foodcallsme
    Options
    My largest meal of the day is breakfast. I eat breakfast twice... like first I have eggs and then a mid-morning breakfast of oatmeal or raisin bread. Lunch is a light meal and dinner has protein and veggies. The double breakfast keeps me from snacking and gets me off to a great start. I have one snack after dinner such as a luna bar and a cup of decaf coffee or caffeine-free tea. For the decaf coffee I bought the dunkin donuts coffee that you can make at home and now it's a special treat for me. I have it with skim milk and 2 splendas.
  • Webona293
    Webona293 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    mine is usually lunch or dinner but I was told it is best to "eat breakfast like a king and dinner like a pauper"
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Mine is nearly always the evening meal. Occasionally on the weekend it may be in the middle of the day if we go to a cookout, party or other gathering with food. The evening meal usually consists of half or more of my daily intake.

It would be a very rare day that it would be breakfast. I rarely eat breakfast at all.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    What is usually your largest meal of the day? Mine is dinner.But I am thinking I should make it breakfast

If you exercise, it should be the meal immediaetly following. It should also be 75% carbs and 25% protein. Save the healthy fats for later.
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options
    Dinner's always the biggest. I still live with my parents and they have a large say in what we're having for dinner. So I eat light at work just to make sure whatever our dinner plans end up being won't put me over.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

If you exercise, it should be the meal immediaetly following. It should also be 75% carbs and 25% protein. Save the healthy fats for later.

Why?
  • raquel_soto
    raquel_soto Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i should make it breakfast but it's normally lunch or dinner.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Mine is dinner. And I know that's probably not the best idea. Oh well...it's when I'm most hungry cuz it's right after I workout. Hasn't hindered my weight loss so I'm not too concerned about it.

There is nothing wrong with having your largest meal as dinner (unless is affects your sleep).