empty baby pouch?

Options
So I had a baby a while ago and I have like this empty pouch. Anyone know something good to get rid of this? I have been doing crunches.

Replies

• homehealthy
    Options
    try yoga. it really works on the abs. fit tv has a couple of yoga programs.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    My baby is 2.5 yo, and I've still got the pouch:sad: Did you have a c-section? If so, the general concensus is that it'll get smaller, but probably never go away:cry: If you didn't have a c-section, you may have a chance. It will depend on genetics, skin elasticity, and other factors.

Crunches will tone the muscles underneath, and help it look better once any overlaying fat is gone. As for the fat, that will leave when your body decides. Every body removes fat from different areas first (face, butt, legs, arms, belly, hips, etc.). I have my fingers crossed and am thinking good thoughts for you that your body will take it off the tummy first!

Editted for grammatical errors:blushing:
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Pilates and a really closely monitored diet helped me lose mine.
    Unfortunately, not working out and poor diet have brought it back.
    :(
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    mine is 7 and still there.

I had a c-section and it is like the lower part of my stomach, it is really weird feeling. It's like its own stomach.
  • fitmommy1
    Options
    Crunches and any toning exercise is great but in order to see the mucle you have to burn fat which means cardio. I too am on the quest to lose the baby pooch. I have 2 kiddos ( 4yrs and 1yr) and had both by c-section. So this is a struggle. I have to say it has been going down. But I have to do the cardio to burn off the fat on the top layer. I hope this helps and good luck.