picnic?!

So im going to 2 picnics this weekend one today and one monday and im soo used to eating whatver i want and my family they are BIG eaters me and my mom are the only ones on a diet and im so scared to go because for the most part i been real good on this diet and all this food is going to look sooo good... i need some advice what should i do, what kind of stuff can i eat!! how do i stay away from the food!!! ahhh im going crazyyyy:grumble:

Replies

• Amanda4825
    Amanda4825 Posts: 113 Member
    So im going to 2 picnics this weekend one today and one monday and im soo used to eating whatver i want and my family they are BIG eaters me and my mom are the only ones on a diet and im so scared to go because for the most part i been real good on this diet and all this food is going to look sooo good... i need some advice what should i do, what kind of stuff can i eat!! how do i stay away from the food!!! ahhh im going crazyyyy:grumble:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    I think the key is portion control. Eat what you want, just don't eat ALL of it.

Remember, it's calories that are the killers. Going over on the other stuff isn't going to derail your diet, but keep your consumption in check.

*tink tink* And that's my two cents.

-J:heart:
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    first of all, i know when i go to family parties and picnics, i eat just to eat!!! that is bad decision number 1. haha... to avoid this, try carrying around a bottle of water and whenever you feel the urge to go get something bad, take a sip. this should keep you filled up. or you can always go straight for the fruit and veggie platters (without the high fat dips of course). For the main meal, stick to chicken if you can and load up the rest of your plate with veggies. watch out for those potato salads and cole slaws! they'll kill you every time.

Try eating a high fiber/protein breakfast (oatmeal, eggs, etc.) to keep you filled up as well.

hope this helped!
  • Amanda4825
    Amanda4825 Posts: 113 Member
    thanks for the advice. I Will try to fallow both your ideas. the other bad part is i have to go without my hubby because he was a badd boy and had to go away for like a month or so.:brokenheart: so being depressed at a picnic has got to be the worst combination especially with an emotional eater like me so this is a BIGGGG challenge:noway: but i can dooo ittttttttttttttttt. i hopee. maybe ill make myself a drink there they do have a bar ill just use diet soda and bacardi mmm sounds good already. :drinker: