Struggling :(

Options
I'm really struggling to stick with this.. I can't stop thinking about food. It doesn't seem to matter when I'm doing, I'm ALWAYS thinking about food. I lost 2 lbs my first week and that wasn't without a lot of cheating, but these past few days ALL I do is think about food. I find it hard to do any sort of exercise cause I hate doing things on my own, I really need an exercise buddy but I don't have any friends around here. :'(

Replies

• kimmeyjo
    kimmeyjo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You can find friends in your area by going to "Find Members" under Message Boards. You can possibly meet up to go to the gym or walk in the park. And I have always found out that week #2 is one of my hardest weeks to get through. Find other ways to take food off your mind like reading a book or go to the mall just to window shop ( just don't go toward the food court). You can do this!
  • Cutie_browneyes2004
    Options
    I always think about food too so your not alone with that. And i haven't had much sucsess yet. Every single meal I have to make a difficult choice to eat something healthy instead of eating something fatty. And it is so hard... I feel like sometimes I'm an addict. And I look forward to the days when I know I'm going to eat something greasy and fatty as if I'm going to Disneyland! So really the only advice i can give is what I tell myself. I talk myself out of the bad stuff for most meals. Because if I had my way I would eat hig calorie/fatty foods for every meal everyday. I keep fat pictures of me at my desk at work and in my car and I look at them before I leave for lunch and before I'm about to drive through a drive-thru. And when I do eat those bad food that I make sure to do something active burn some calories and eat low calorie foods for my other meals that day. Gook luck :)
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    It is going to take a mind change...you are not dieting and you are not cheating. You are making healthier choices. You want to get healthier for your kids. Take your kids to the park, walk them around the block. Just do it! If it comes to it you might need to get some counseling. You didn't get to hating yourself in 1 day and you are not going to get out of it in 1 day either.
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    In my change of behaviors I only gave up soda. I try to drink water when I can and occasionally have a beverage that adds calories to the day. It's amazing to me how many calories I was drinking in a day and how easy it is to eat what I want now that I'm not drinking so much.

I still try to make healthier choices but healthy doesn't have to mean cardboard. My baked herb chicken breast is tastier than some of the fried chicken I've had in my life, much healthier and easier because I don't have to stand over it while it cooks.

It takes time, make small adjustments and take it one day at a time. If today's calories were better than yesterday then you made progress.

Also, don't starve yourself, if you're starving yourself it makes it harder to make the good choices and makes your body resist weight loss.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I think about food ALL the time too. One of my nutritionists told me to focus on lean healthy proteins, and the carbs/fats will take care of themselves, so I turned it into finding lean healthy proteins until I realized I was still hungry. My next nutritionist told me to up my fiber, so now when I look for a snack or something to eat or have a supply of, I look for lean healthy proteins and/or fiber.

I'm not big on exercising either. I try to find ways to move around the office or take the long way to get somewhere.

Keep on plugging!