Finding what works for me.

Options
Hello all. I started my weight loss journey July of last year when I went to get a physical and found that I was 300lbs!! Woke me up fast! Since then,I've lost about 80lbs fluctuating between 220-223. As you can see, I'm still a big girl and would like to lose another 80 lbs. my weight loss can be attributed to diet only because I am so afraid to work out. I experimented with running, biking, zumba, lifting some weights but every time I do this I gain weight and I freak out and just focus on my diet alone. I've seen many stories on eating more weighing less, primal or paleo and intermittent fasting. I can't even begin to understand the TDEE. I'm 25 and set to eat 1410 calories on Mfp to lost 2lbs/wk. I've been thinking of experimenting with primal during the week and fasting on Saturdays and eating my Saturday calories on Sunday at 2500-2800 calories or should I not make up my Saturday calories on Sunday and create a 8400 cal deficit instead of 7000 for the week...OR should I eat more and lift heavy...but I would still like to lose 2lbs/week. Ive been stuck for the past month. I'm not sure what I'm doing or what to do. :( what direction should I take? Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    if you were to fast on Saturday and then eat all of Saturday's calories on Sunday you wouldn't benefit much in terms of fat loss. Most intermittent fasters seem to achieve an average calorie reduction by reducing on 1 or 2 days a week and having others days around maintenance or at a smaller deficit.

Do you have an estimate of your % body fat ?
  • pumpkinbabes
    Options
    Yea that's what I thought in terms of not having fat loss if I ate Saturday's cals on Sunday but I think I misunderstood information from a long time ago that is pretty much scrambled right now about not creating too big of a deficit and just fasting so that my body doesnt plateau. Unfortunately no, I don't have my bf %; working on getting that calculated soon.