period time

Options
2»

Replies

• Faith2Bfit
    Faith2Bfit Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    frozen grapes!! or a really sweet apple.
  • adelitas_star
    Options
    you know, if you eat too little your period stops......It worked for me. Just saying.

Wow, don't give out advice if you're being serious about this. Not having a period is a very BAD sign. I used to weigh 85 pounds and my period was gone and it worried the hell out of my Mother. You NEED a period.
  • adelitas_star
    Options
    Fruit is always a good choice for something sweet. Strawberries, raspberries and red grapes are my favorite, and they're sweet enough. There are low-fat ice creams that are really good and have only 100 - 150 calories and no more than 3 grams of fat. Even a serving of chocolate chips could do. There's about 70 calories in them, and if you choose dark chocolate, they're not too bad for you, either.

There's also these Fiber One brownies that have only 90 calories per brownie and they're so good.
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    peanut butter and honey on a rice cake

skinny cow ice cream bars, sandwiches, cones, etc, lol

cinnamon sugar pita chips dipped in greek yogurt with honey

chocolate protein powder and almond milk

granola with some kind of chocolate

cinnamon sugar or cocoa dusted almonds
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    you know, if you eat too little your period stops......It worked for me. Just saying.
    You know, if you have a hysterectomy, your period stops too.
  • athryn
    athryn Posts: 59
    Options
    I do this all of the time, just not during Shark Week, but I buy one of the nicer bars of chocolate, and break it into quarter servings. That way, I still get delicious chocolate, but it's only 45-55 calories. This seems to work pretty well for me to keep the cravings at bay.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I have something sweet every day! Usually a banana because I love them, but today I had Oikos Blueberry (on the bottom) yogurt. I made Halloween cookies this weekend, so I might have one of those (90 calories) or 3 mini brownie bites (170 calories) if there's room in my day for them. One pumpkin brownie for 117 calories. I also have a stock of Healthy Choice Greek Frozen Yogurt (blueberry and strawberry) in the freezer that are phenomenal and 100 calories. Obviously I'm not about restricting a ton of stuff from my diet and I'm certainly not a clean eater, but I eat smaller portions and make smartER choices, so it's working for me.
  • SusannaDandana
    Options

If this isn't bad advice, I don't know what is.

Agreed, if you are not getting your period because are not eating enough it is because your body doesn't have the resources and it NEEDS those resources. Periods are a nuisance but they flush out our body.
  • BeckySue1977
    BeckySue1977 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sweets are my downfall... If I know I'm having a craving day, then I try to plan it into my calorie goals. Yes, I eat ice cream a lot!

My absolute favorite dessert currently:
    1 cup of sliced strawberries (fresh is best, but I've found some no sugar added frozen ones too)
    1/2 cup vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
    1 TBSP of dark chocolate dessert topping (I like Smuckers)
    This all adds up to about 210 calories which may be a big chunk for some, but it is so sinfully delicious that it feels like it should be way more calories than it is!

I also like TCBY fudge bars (80 calories)
  • luvhandles74
    luvhandles74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate

YES!! I get one that is 99% cocoa! It's by Lindt and 1 - 2 square is more than enough to satisfy especially with a hot cup of tea :)

Editing to add* I'm sorry I missed the idiocy that went on! Looks like the perp removed herself! LOL
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    sometimes i think our period is why men are more successful at weight loss than women.. we are in danger of losing our course and going off track every month! sometimes if we screw up badly enough, we just give up! i think the best advice i've gotten is, if you do something bad, no matter how bad it is, don't let it throw you off the wagon.. a speed bump can knock you around but keep on going! sometimes our hormones make us pissy and we're feeling spoiled and whiney and nothing will satisfy us that falls under the "healthy" it's by no means an excuse to eat whatever we want! but if we can satisfy ourselves with a granola bar or something on the more "calorically expensive" side, we shouldn't let it get to us, nor throw us off the path!
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I do this all of the time, just not during Shark Week, but I buy one of the nicer bars of chocolate, and break it into quarter servings. That way, I still get delicious chocolate, but it's only 45-55 calories. This seems to work pretty well for me to keep the cravings at bay.

Shark week
    LOVE it!!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I don't want to see any PMS jokes, period.
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    A couple small squares of the Dove Dark Chocolate...or a couple of mini 3-muskateers - works for me most of the time! If it's really bad, a Hershey bar only has 210 calories.
  • skellyness
    skellyness Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Well actually I had chocolate today, but worked it into my calories. Galaxy Bubbles mmm :)
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I love 100 cal. bags of Kettle Corn, and if I have the calories and craving, add some dark chocolate ships to the bag while it's still warm.
    Another amazing snack is "baked" apples. Core an apple, put it in a bowl with about 1/8c of water, cover, microwave about 2 minutes, cut up the apple and sprinkle with cinnamon and honey or sugar or your sweetener of choice. Add dark chocolate chips for extra indulgence and around 100 calories depending on the size of the apple and what sweetener you use.
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    strength.jpg
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I buy those mini chocolate bars that everyone gives out on Halloween. They are 90 calories and it ALWAYS does the trick for me : )
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I also buy the big momma dark chocolate bars at Walmart and break them into 1 piece sections.
    Also does the trick for moi
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Low sugar/lite Jell-0 toped with Lite cool whip! Less than 100 calories for a cup of jello and 5 table spoons of cool whip on top. Yum Yum.