Ok need some help here..

Options
I am on week 6 of a 12 week weight loss challenge at my work.. I am #3. Anybody got any ideas as to how I can speed up my weight loss? I have been averaging 2lbs per week. Not bad but I want to win the $$$$...

Replies

• jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Switch something up...start doing a new workout routine, try some new kinds of food, try cutting something (like refined sugar, for example) out of your diet completely, try to increase your water intake, maybe try intermittent fasting if that's your thing...
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You're probably already losing what lean muscle you have why would you want to make it worse by losing more per week? You couldn't pay me to be losing that amount of weight per week.
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I would exercise more but I have to say losing 2 pounds a week is really good.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    2 pounds a week is insane! Especially since you don't look that big to begin with. I wouldn't worry about speeding it up. I know you want to win and want the money, but think about the long run.
  • sugarterminator
    Options
    Since you have 84 more pounds to lose, I don't blame you for wanting to lose faster. I used to be a leader for weight watchers (SIgh... trying to get back to my goal weight!) and found that many people increased their weight loss when they 1) incorporated healthy fat in their diets, 2) had their dairy in the form of yogurt for a snack and 3) ate foods that were more natural and less processed.

I am with you...I wish it would come off as easily as it goes on!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I've lost 86 in about 3 months... Eat 1200 - 1300 calories per day... lots of fruits, vegetables, beans, onions, mushrooms and lean protein... Multivitamin, omega 3, ginseng, gingko, Co-Q10, and L-tryptophan all natural supplements (Amen Solution and Blood Sugar Solution)... Move your butt like someone was trying to kill it... You WILL drop weight faster.
  • lnazaret
    lnazaret Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    2 pounds a week is insane! Especially since you don't look that big to begin with. I wouldn't worry about speeding it up. I know you want to win and want the money, but think about the long run.

i agree
  • tmuster
    tmuster Posts: 72
    Options
    2lbs a week is great.. You can try some interval training which will kick in the fat burning much faster. For example: Sprints. , doing FAT Burner level on Stairmaster. Once you really kick in those fast quick workouts you burn much more than doing longer more mundane workouts.
  • dlg1467
    dlg1467 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You're already doing really great. It depends on how much money you can win, but if you really really want you can try this for a week.
    No Carbs, No Dairy, No Sugar. Water only. No splenda, no Aspertame
    That means no fruit, no bread/rice/grains etc of any kind, only green and white veggies.
    Breakfast would be 1 egg/2 slices of turkey/handful of spinach.
    lunch: Big green salad with 4 oz of meat and salad dressing
    Dinner: lots of green veggies with more meat.

It is not meant to be a lifestyle, but merely a way to motivate yourself - might help you win that money.
    Drink lots of water and clear teas. Eat your proper amount of calories

Before everyone freaks out - she wants to win this thing at work. I'm not advocating she do this forever. Its a one week motivational thing, and it works for me when I need a motivational boost and to help with sugar and carb cravings. I find that the first day I'm grumpy, but 2nd and 3rd day I feel really energized.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options

It's really NOT insane, for a person who still has 80+ pounds to lose. 1-2 pounds per week is a nice healthy rate of weight loss. Just sayin...
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I am on week 6 of a 12 week weight loss challenge at my work.. I am #3. Anybody got any ideas as to how I can speed up my weight loss? I have been averaging 2lbs per week. Not bad but I want to win the $$$$...

My brother did one of these contests once, and he tied for first by losing something like 80lbs very rapidly.

He also lost his gallbladder as a direct result of his idiocy.

My first suggestion to you is to evaluate whether or not you should lose weight any faster than 2lbs/week. That question is far more important and needs to be answered first before you potentially do something very foolish for a few bucks.

EDIT: I have no idea what your stats are, you could very well be in a position to lose faster since it really depends on how large you are currently. But don't just assume that everyone can play "Biggest Loser" and create massive weightloss without regards for safety.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

My brother did one of these contests once, and he tied for first by losing something like 80lbs very rapidly.

He also lost his gallbladder as a direct result of his idiocy.

My first suggestion to you is to evaluate whether or not you should lose weight any faster than 2lbs/week. That question is far more important and needs to be answered first before you potentially do something very foolish for a few bucks.

EDIT: I have no idea what your stats are, you could very well be in a position to lose faster since it really depends on how large you are currently. But don't just assume that everyone can play "Biggest Loser" and create massive weightloss without regards for safety.

A voice of sanity. Thank god. The rest of you are mad. :laugh:
  • minor007
    Options
    thanks your too kind. I have like 60-65lbs left to lose.. ughh
  • minor007
    Options
    Thanks Great advice everyone. I have found that ,I guess because I am insulin resistant, that low carb works well for me.. maybe I will try the no carb, no aspartame etc... I don't know why but I lose better when I don't exercise. I was walking when I first started and then I didn't lose anything on week 4 and I didn't make it to the gym week 5 and I lost 3lbs that week, the best week I had. So I decided I was not going to go back to the gym until after the contest. I know it goes against everything I have been taught or read.