Wanting to be friends with C25K participants

Options
2»

Replies

• jenjenjen7
    jenjenjen7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    literally did week 1 run 1 yesterday so will be doing run2 tomorrow, I haven't exercised much in a while and my legs were a little sore today, as much as I would think this would get less painful as the weeks go on, I have a feeling there's alot of pain infront of me. any advice from the guys further along or completed the program would be appreciated!
  • thebuz
    thebuz Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    literally did week 1 run 1 yesterday so will be doing run2 tomorrow, I haven't exercised much in a while and my legs were a little sore today, as much as I would think this would get less painful as the weeks go on, I have a feeling there's alot of pain infront of me. any advice from the guys further along or completed the program would be appreciated!

I finished Week 3 Day 1 this morning and I was extremely sore after the first run in week 1 but the last two weeks I have not had any muscle pain. I focussed on a mid foot strike, smaller steps and long stretching after the run and been pain free since. A long hot bath with epsom salts really helps ease the soreness too!
  • uncbluci
    uncbluci Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    AEB_WV- what is the graduate program you are doing?

I actually finished C25k yesterday! Running my first 5k Saturday. Highly recommend it to anyone- a few months ago (and all my life) I never thought I could run more than 5 minutes. It really works if you stick with it.

Looking for what to do next though because a huge part of it for me was the strict schedule and goals to adhere to.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI...in case no one checked....the OP has deactivated...
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Got three of the kids to go and try day 1 today. They are 9, 10 and 13. My 13 year old has just recovered from pneumonia, so I actually didn't expect her to even try, but she did. She walked more then she ran which was okay. My 10 year old son ran like the wind each running period. My 9 year old dd cried and moaned almost the entire time :) I had to keep reminding her that it was only 60 seconds and would count it down for her. I've been running for quite a while now and weighed over 70 lbs more the first time I started c25k. It is amazing how much easier week one it is now then it was originally. I was running back and forth between and around the kids, plus counting down the time!

Remember it gets easier! I promise! Half of running is mental. My youngest (complaining dd), sprinted home when I said we were done and could go back home. I estimated she ran 90 seconds to get home before everyone else. lol it was definitely mental with her!
  • ciardasully
    ciardasully Posts: 28 Member
    Options

That's odd. I could use some running friends. I did c25k 2 years and it works. But I feel off the wagon but I am back on!
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    If you're still wanting more friends, feel free to add me. I am in Week 6 and loving it.
    I am doing a 4k "beer run" race in a couple weeks.. should be a fun first race to do before my first 'real' race :happy:
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options

Oh haha.. Whoops.
    And hmm very odd.
    But if anyone else is looking for C25k participants :flowerforyou: