I've lost that loving feeling..

Options
Ok..here's my sob story....

About 180 days ago I got serious about this journey and have lost 51 pounds with mfp and an amazing group of friends. The problem is, I have lost my mojo. I have gone off the wagon. I am not charting food, I am eating like crap again. I recently hurt my back and my exercise regimen is now shot to heck. My frustrations are sky high right now and I just don't know what to do!!
I know I just need to do it...just DO IT!!! I am just wish that I could get the drive back that I had when I started.

Replies

• jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Do you want a nice fluffy pep talk or a proper kick up the *kitten* talking to? I can do either but I think personally the major kick up the *kitten* will get better results :tongue:
  • DoingItForME724
    DoingItForME724 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Im in the same position...

jesz124 can I have the major kick up the *kitten* please???
  • kimimila86
    Options
    How many days has it been since we said we'd give it 7 days for us to find our mojo? Ugh... it seems like nothing ever goes to plan, right?

I hope you can focus on getting healthy again before you start adding the stress of working out. Take care of yourself. Maybe formulate your plan while you're unable to work out? I've put myself back in the planning process and I hope to figure things out before I put something into action again... I think we're both past the nice fluffy pep talks! :laugh:
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    While we're waiting for jesz124 to kick our a$$es... I hurt myself last August and just let it all go. Ate like crap, didn't exercise at all --- ended up putting on about 30 pounds and taking anti-depressants.

Do not let your back injury sideline you completely --- learn from my mistake! There was stuff I could have done - and there's stuff you can do. Just do SOMETHING!!! Doing nothing is the fastest way to being miserable and depressed. Please - take it from me!

There's an old saying in psychology: Fake it 'til you make it (also knowns as "act as if..."). Even if your heart isn't in it, go through the motions. Give yourself the chance to bounce back before you can't bounce at all!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    seems like you know what to do.....
    start logging food again and stop eating like crap. just because u can't exercise doesnt mean you have to eat bad too. eat better to make up for the lack of exercise, and do any exercise that you are able to do, like maybe walking.
    a pep talk from someone else isnt gonna do it, give yourself the talk you know you need.
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Set specific goals. Go over the reasons you want to change and DIG DEEP
  • mitsi94
    mitsi94 Posts: 64
    Options
    All is not lost! While you are healing and can't work out, try doing something else that will get you excited about continuing your journey. Maybe try finding some new recipes and start cooking yourself some new healthy tasty food? At least you can still eat good (and enjoy it!) while you are sidelined from working out. Maybe that will keep your mind engaged and not bummed about not getting to exercise right now.
  • aussiemegs82
    Options
    To borrow the motivational tool used in AA...Just get through today. Just for today, don't eat crap. Just for today, move a little bit more.

Then apply the same thinking tomorrow. Then the next. Eventually you will find your mojo and you won't need the AA mantra. Its what I did to quit smoking and then to get my fat *kitten* into gear again. Worked for me.
  • charlottelt1995
    Options
    Sometimes when I find it really difficult to motivate myself to exercise or eat right I remind myself that it's not all or nothing. If you used to run marathons a 5 min walk is better than nothing. If you're guilty after eating a load of rubbish. Try eat a bit healthier tomorrow. A 'kick up the *kitten*' works for some people don't get me wrong but if you fall off the wagon, start walking back to it before you run to it.
  • webdaughter
    webdaughter Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thank you ALL!!! Yes...I will take that *kitten* chewing!! I went to the store and bought good food for the next 2 days. Salmon, salads, fruit and keifer for protien shakes. I also went to the doc and got a MRI for my back and am going to start PT later this week. I was thankful to find out that surgery is not something I will be needing. Will probably just need a steroid injection worst case. The other postive thing I did was call around to pools, I had been running (almost finished C25K) however with my back my doctor does not think it is a good idea to start that anytime soon so swiming is my best bet. Found one that isn't to expensive and I will be able to make it work. I am going to join next Monday or Tuesday if PT goes well.

Getting my groove back. Like @Aussie said...a day at a time!!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!