Help! How to Bust out Some Cardio At Home

Options
Hi all - Do you have a favorite website where you can find free cardio workouts that you can do at home? I am not going to be able to make it to the gym tonight because I have a doctor's appointment, but I want to make sure I burn at least a couple hundred calories so I can eat dinner without going over my calories. Any suggestions are more than welcome!!! Thank you in advance for sharing your secrets with me!

P.S. If I eat 1400 calories a day but burn at least 200 a day, then I'll still lose weight, right? Like as long as my net calories are under or at 1200, then I should be good, right?

Replies

• tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Zumba, from youtube, actually you can youtube almost any exercise
  • skippingcarrot1234
    Options
    Heyya, in response i am a gym instructor so can give you some advice and if you do need future help dont be afraid to ask :)

you can do just about anything from home! either invest in a simple punch bag or a treadmill or exercise bike or even a 30 minute walk before breakfast can really help zap those unwanted calories! I recommed doing this in the morning before you eat as your body is deprived of carbohydrates and as carbs are the main fuel supply for the body we don't want to burn these as this does not help with weight loss! therefore by exercising before eating breakfast can help as your body will dig into the fat stores and burn them therefore resulting in weight loss!! make sure you are in taking a lot of water during this!7

then after the exercise grab a shower or bath and then get some breakfast!!!!! i recommend weetabix or shredded wheat or my personal favorite which is chopped full of carbs
    porridge or oatmeal :) feel fry to message me for further and future help!!

From a gym instructor and taekwondo martial artist!
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hi all - Do you have a favorite website where you can find free cardio workouts that you can do at home? I am not going to be able to make it to the gym tonight because I have a doctor's appointment, but I want to make sure I burn at least a couple hundred calories so I can eat dinner without going over my calories. Any suggestions are more than welcome!!! Thank you in advance for sharing your secrets with me!

P.S. If I eat 1400 calories a day but burn at least 200 a day, then I'll still lose weight, right? Like as long as my net calories are under or at 1200, then I should be good, right?

You'll lose as long as you net under your TDEE :) however 30mins of dancing to some dance tracks in your living room or you tubing zumba for half an hour should hit that 200 cals a day.
  • ellemoncada
    Options

You'll lose as long as you net under your TDEE :) however 30mins of dancing to some dance tracks in your living room or you tubing zumba for half an hour should hit that 200 cals a day.

What is a TDEE?? lol Thank you for the suggestion - Hopefully if I do Zumba, I won't scare hubby if he comes home early, lol. :)
  • ellemoncada
    Options
    Zumba, from youtube, actually you can youtube almost any exercise

I will definitely try that. Had not thought of that before, but it sounds like a good idea!
  • tressatnt
    Options
    I actually found some great at-home workouts on Pinterest today. Try looking around there.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Go to scoobysworkshop.com then click on fitness tools, calorie calculator and figure out how much you need to eat to MAINTAIN based on your TDEE (Total daily energy expenditure) and eat less than that. You can also choose a deficit and that will give you your target calorie intake.