21st birthday what to drink....hmm

Options
ok so my 21st birthday is tomorrow!!! and obviously I will be going out and drinking...is there any way to still be able to not completely screw up my calories for the day when I go out?? low calorie drinks but still yummy and will still make it a really great night? I just don't want to mess up how well I have been doing recently....advice please!!!!

Replies

• jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I like vodka and water in a pint glass with 2 limes. I find it's tasty, fills you up so much because of all the water so you don't end up downing drinks and. . . NO HANGOVER!
  • Tashleyrodriguez
    Tashleyrodriguez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    straight alcohol is almost the least amount of sugar/carbs. shooters are especially sugary so steer clear! I was looking for the same thing the other day and found that a cosmopolitan was one of the less carby/sugary drinks to have. Anything with juices like cranberry, pineapple, pom, etc. are all really sugary. Try vodka tonics, or vodka soda water with a slash of cranberry! Happy 21st!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    It takes just two drinks to slow down your metabolism, so whatever you drink, savor it!
  • vcm1613
    vcm1613 Posts: 4
    Options
    First off Happy Birthday! As far as your drink selection tonite, its like a cookie or ice cream....portion control. I just looked on the mobile app and it list many mixed drinks or beers and their calories.

Examples; Applebee's Long Island Ice Tea. 1 drink = 170 calories
    Jagermeister. 1 Shot = 103 calories.
    Amaretto Sour. 4.5oz = 295 calories.

Take a look before you go out and see what you think and like. The flip side is your only gonna have one 21st Birthday Party. Live a little tonite!! (Be safe though and work harder tommorow.)

/cheers

-J
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    When I drink I usually do straight shots of a liquor like vodka or everclear, and chase it with diet coke. The more mixes I add, the more the calories go up. Plus I don't like mixed drinks, so it works for me, I'm one of those "straight-shotta'whiskey at the bar" kind of gals.
  • margolane1932
    margolane1932 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    DON'T drink anything with tonic. Tonic is basically adding flavor and corn syrup to seltzer.

Vodka or gin and soda with a splash of cran and a squeeze of lime is best for me. The splash of cran gives it a little more flavor without adding a ton of calories/sugar.

I also, personally, LOVE a good dirty martini, which gives you the most bang for your buck both in money and calories, but olive juice has a lot of sodium in it, so you gotta be careful.

I dunno about other brands, but the flavors of Absolute and Bacardi range from 60-70 calories per ounce. And most average drinks at bars contain an ounce and a half/two ounces of alcohol. Getting a flavored vodka/rum might up your calories per drink, but only by 10-30 per drink, and an Absolute Limon and club soda with lime tastes like a Sprite! Might be a little more fun with something sweeter like that. Blueberry vodka and soda with lime is good, too.
  • khahn
    khahn Posts: 1
    Options
    My favorite whether I'm dieting or not is Vanilla Vodka with diet coke! DELISH! Flavored vodkas will add a lot to the drink so try them out and have fun! You only turn 21 once!:smile:
  • SarahJackson
    Options
    thank you all!!! this will be very helpful tonight when i go out!!!