Loose wedding ring!

Options
This may not seem like much of a success story to some but just wanted to share it with you to see what you think.....? My wedding ring is quite loose now and if I lose any more weight which I intend to as I haven't reached my goal yet; I will have to go and get it sorted! I haven't been as light as I am right now since before I got married and had our first child almost 10 years ago! :smile:

Replies

• LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    That's a great problem to have. Congrats.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Mine is too!!! Congrats to us!! I currently wear mine on my middle finger...don't want to resize it until I reach my goal!
  • jooonesy
    jooonesy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It sure is! Congrats! I was happy to have a loose ring too... And not have to do the "take my wedding ring off dance" that involved running my fingers under water. :smile:
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I recently had my wedding ring sized. Went from a 7.5 to a 5...Finally decided it was time when they slipped off my finger while running
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! My old rings fit again and my new one from Christmas is too loose.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    IT WASN'T CHEATING, MY WEDDING RING WAS LOOSE
  • tzeoli86
    tzeoli86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I actually lost my wedding ring for a couple months because it had gotten so loose! I was doing my Insanity workout when it flew off! I thought I had lost it for good until a couple of weeks ago when I found it in around the TV. :)
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Yay! Same here! I planned on not getting it resized until I reached my goal but I might have to in about 20 more pounds! I'm a 5.75 and I'm thinking I'll be closer to a 4 just like my mom once I'm done getting the fat off my fingers lol.
  • PaulBSussex
    PaulBSussex Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't wear my wedding ring anymore due to it falling off. Unfortunately it has a pattern so it may not be possible to get it re-sized. I also need to buy new suits and shirts. Great achievement for all those in the same position if a little expensive
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This is a big NSV for some of us... I have been holding off on the resizing of my ring as I intend to lose about 70 more pounds... GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Very cool, mine is now so loose i have to be careful when outdoors or roughhousing with the dog. I believe I read somewhere recently there are inserts you can get to keep the ring tighter if you can't resize
  • techrabbi
    techrabbi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i just noticed mine getting loose yesterday. good post.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! I had the same problem, and kept putting off getting it re-sized because I too wanted to wait until I reached my goal. Unfortunately, I almost lost it one day when it literally flew right off my finger so I took it up and had it done. Now, with it getting chillier, I've noticed it's getting looser again so I'm going to have to keep a close eye on it, especially with me continuing to lose weight.

Best of continued luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are doing this together and are both having the same problem. Talking about getting a new set to replace our current ones when we hit our goals.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    My sweet husband bought me a second wedding ring to wear during my pregnancies (as i put on a lot of weight with each one) and the new ring is starting to get a a little loose. I'm really looking forwards to being able to wear the original one again!
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Mine is loose as well :) ...not a wedding ring.. unfortunately lol, but a ring my bf gave me for V-day last year :)
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    you can get ring re sizers that go inside the band and make it smaller until you finish losing and get them re sized properly hope that helps
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    :happy: I wear mine on my pointer finger.

congrats:smile: It feels great doesn't it!!!
  • lisarob5
    lisarob5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I went to the local jewelry store and had a temporary size adjuster put on mine...I think it was like $10.00 and you can adjust it even smaller with your hands...so it will adjust with you!! Congrats!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    you can get ring re sizers that go inside the band and make it smaller until you finish losing and get them re sized properly hope that helps

ring guards are ok but I have gone though two already. next I will wear it on a necklace until I get to one-derland and have it resized.:tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!