Halfway...didn't notice a difference until this

Options
jrbowers83
jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
Okay, so I'm right about the halfway mark of my weight loss. My highest weight was 178, I'm at 149.5 now, and I want to get to 125. So that's 28 lost, 24 to go. When I look in the mirror I still see so much fat and felt like I've worked so hard and gotten nowhere. I was looking through a photo album and found a full-body pic of me at the zoo about 9 months ago. I'm usually the one behind the camera, so this is the first pic I've found of my "before" body. I took a pic of myself in the same shirt, but the old pants were 3 sizes too big and got thrown out long ago. Still the difference was shocking to me.

0301000729-1-1.jpg
"Before" about 178 lbs.
0301000721.jpg
"Halfway there" about 150 lbs.

Replies

• shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Good job,keep going:smile:
    You look so happy and confident in the second photo!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: OMG!! What a difference and you seem so much happier too!!! Keep up the great work!!! :bigsmile:
  • gr8fuldet
    Options
    Congrats, an amazing difference, keep it up, Frank
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,066 Member
    Options
    Great job! I know what you mean, though - it's hard to believe it when you actually see side-by-side pictures. When you are looking at yourself every day, the change is so subtle that it is hard to take credit for it!

You look like a totaly different person! Amazing.
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    You look amazing! I can guarantee you that you're turning heads. :-)
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    What a difference! Great job! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    Options
    You look so good!! You should be so proud of all the hard work you have put forward, it really does make a difference.
  • DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    Wow, that's great!!! You should be SO proud of how far you've come thus far! I agree that you definitely can tell how much more confident you look in the "after" pic! :-) I am still a newbie at this, I don't have a huge amount of weight to drop, however, I have definitely let myself go and I'm now committed to get in better shape and start to establish a much more healthier and active liftestyle for myself. Keep up the good work!! :-)
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. You look great girl! Keep up the hard work!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I agree, you look so much happier and there's a huge difference! I also know what you mean about not being able to see the changes until you compare pictures.. It's hard for me to remember how big I actually was until I see it in pics... I feel like I've been this same size all along. That's why the "before" pictures are so important!

Great job and keep up the good work, you're doing awesome!
  • curliegirl
    curliegirl Posts: 191
    Options
    AMAZING!!!! Keep at it & I know you will make it to the size you want to be!!!!
  • maria2255
    Options
    What an AMAZING difference! You have a lot to be proud of.....Keep it up.
  • jrbowers83
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your words of support. That's what I LOVE about MFP!

As far as looking happier in the 2nd pic, well somewhat the weight loss, but mainly the first pic was a hot day at the zoo with an 8 mo and 2 year old, so not alot to be happy about. LOL:laugh:
  • HotMommy0609
    Options
    You look great!! :flowerforyou:
  • workingitout
    workingitout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Awesome success! Your journey is pretty much the journey I am on, but you're ahead of me! How long did it take you to go from your high weight to your current weight? I have made progress, but it's so slow. I am going to stick with it and hope to reach my goal!
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Wow You look fantastic! Very inspiring. Congrats on your accomplishment.
    We have about the same starting weight and goal weight so it's wonderful to see someone doing it.
    Thanks for posting!!
  • jrbowers83
    Options
    Awesome success! Your journey is pretty much the journey I am on, but you're ahead of me! How long did it take you to go from your high weight to your current weight? I have made progress, but it's so slow. I am going to stick with it and hope to reach my goal!

I started losing weight in Oct. 2009, but that pic was taken in August so I guess about 6 months. I've been on a plateau with little weight loss since Feb., but now I'm ready to really get back at it again. The progress is very slow, and starting out I'd usually lose 3 lbs. one week, nothing the next, but overall averaged 1 lb a week. That's why it took seeing a pic for me to notice any real difference. I lost 15-20 lbs before my clothes seemed to fit different at all, but then I had to go down TWO sizes instead of just one. Stick with it, it'll happen.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    WTG! Your starting weight was silmiar to mine (i was a bit higher). I am at 156 ish (likely higher now after a weekend away but not weighing til the weekend) now and can't wait to get where you are! WTG you look fantastic!!
  • jrbowers83
    Options
    WTG! Your starting weight was silmiar to mine (i was a bit higher). I am at 156 ish (likely higher now after a weekend away but not weighing til the weekend) now and can't wait to get where you are! WTG you look fantastic!!

I know what you mean. Everytime you break through a "decade" you feel so ecstatic. When I saw that scale drop below 150, I was like WOOHOO! Then nothing since..lol. But I'm not giving up...come on 140.

And thank you for the compliments. To you and everyone. I'm very modest, but truly it brightens my day.
  • my2boystx
    my2boystx Posts: 28
    Options
    Great Job! That is awesome! Congrats to you! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!