Question for the larger ladies

Options
So, I'm currently 194 and in a D cup. I'm wondering if any other women have found a good sports bra that is actually made to fit a larger frame and breast size? I found one at Walmart, but it really doesn't hold the girls as much as they need for jumping etc. I've checked at some of out sporting good stories, but I'm just not small enough for their sizes.

what kind and where did you find it?

Replies

• SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Enell.com

It's worth the money

Signed,
    formerly 42DDD

Now a 38F. That's right, my band size is smaller, but my cup size went up because I've lost 50 pounds and NO boob.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you're lucky, with d cup you have many choices for excellent high impact bras : champion, goddess, lululemon, moving comfort, under armor, elomi all come in D cup, as well as the other like enell and shock absorber. you can find them online at various locations (barenecessiies.com is a good start)
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I used to wear two together. It made it a lot easier especially when I first started running.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Enell.com

It's worth the money

Signed,
    formerly 42DDD

Now a 38F. That's right, my band size is smaller, but my cup size went up because I've lost 50 pounds and NO boob.
    glad to see i'm not the only one! enell is abou to be the only choice for me since you can send in your measurements and get a custom made one. i'm currently 34 I/J and i'm JUST at the cusp of being able to wear a size 2. if i lose more in the band and nothing in the cup like i have been, then there's no way i'd be able to squeeze the twins into a size 1 :laugh:
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I managed to find an Enell bra at a second-hand shop. https://www.enell.com to buy online.
    I'm a 36DD (at 220lbs) which is a size 3 Enell, and nothing bounces! Love it.
  • sweetbabyjane
    sweetbabyjane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Check out www.breakoutbras.com
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Enell. I bought mine at my local Title Nine.
  • madeofcake
    Options
    38 DD, and I go for the cheap solution and wear the Old Navy "compression" tops in XL. They squish everything down so much that there's no jiggle! Might need to change this strategy in the future :P
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I used to wear two together. It made it a lot easier especially when I first started running.

I wear 2 bras when I run.
  • Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I haven't head of some of those, but will definitely check into these. :)
  • mmmurphy585
    mmmurphy585 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am a 40DDD and I found a compression tank at JCPenney that I love. Very comfortable and the girls stay put.
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The Moving Comfort Fiona is the business. It's the first bra I have ever owned that holds everything in place.
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am a 42DD/DDD and was able to get three at walmart for $10
  • gotdiesel2007
    Options
    I wear two bras. I wear them when I am horse showing too otherwise the girls are in my face.
  • quiltergirlar
    quiltergirlar Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    my favorite is the Moving Comfort fiona bra.

Tammy
  • Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! Now I get to go shopping :)
  • pixish
    pixish Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mine are not as large as some, but I wear my normal bra underneath, and then a crop top over the top and they seem to sit quite well :)
  • mountaincat4
    Options
    I gave up on trying to find any bras in a store. Too few sizes and choices. Try online at Bare Necessities, or do a search. You have to try various ones until you find the perfect fit. It took me 3 different bras until I found one that is perfect for me. Anita 5529. Its a pretty bra with great support.
  • mrsoski
    mrsoski Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Enell for running, Moving Comfort Maia for everything else. Signed, former 42DDD, current 36DD.