CONFUSED!!!!

Options
:happy: Hey folks can anybody help. I have been trying to update my exercise diary. I regularly go to body combat but cant seem to find it on the database. I also looked for Zumba and struggled. Please help:tongue:

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Most people update this on their own. They wear an HRM and put in their total under Zumba.
    It won't be under the database and the calorie burn is going to be different for everyone depending on their efforts, their height, their weight, their HR etc
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    So Body Combat is kinda a dancing slash aerobics. Insanity basically is also mainly aerobics. So how about searching for aerobics or high intensity aerobics, or high impact aerobics. You should find something, should be pretty accurate.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    To be honest I dont trust any of the preset exercises....I would recommend a heart rate monitor and track your own.
  • lisadon1968
    Options
    Thanks folks.....can anybody recommend a good (but cheap) heart rate monitor
  • SWET1984
    Options
    I recommend the Suunto M2. Cost effective, basic... but tracks calories perfectly.
  • lisadon1968
    Options
    Thanks.....will look at that one!
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    To be honest I dont trust any of the preset exercises....I would recommend a heart rate monitor and track your own.
    Have to agree, I find the MFP estimates to be too high. I edit my entries based on what my heart rate monitor tells me I have burned.

For example, I usually do 45 mins a day on the elliptical, MFP says that is almost 690 calories, the machine I use says it is 580, my HRM says 320!I as I "eat back" my exercise calories, I would rather use the lower figure. The only exercise that seems to be close is the cycling.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I recommend the Suunto M2. Cost effective, basic... but tracks calories perfectly.

I think we have different definitions of cost effective.