Getting Back on Track

Options
marm1962
marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
When I first joined MFP I weighed in at 192 lbs. After a few months I got down to 165 lbs, carefully watching what I was eating and exercising to beat the band (I'm 47 and the weight doesn't come off as easy as it used to). Well, we moved, and we have been living with my son and his wife does most of the cooking, (I'm not complaining), it's not what we are used to. I stopped using my elliptical because there was no place to put it, needless to say the weight is coming back. After 6 months I am back up to 176.6 lbs as of this morning, also as of this morning I have decided to take back control over a portion of my life. I may not have a lot of choice over what gets cooked, but I do have a choice over my exercising habits and how much I eat. I got up at 6:30am and had 1 cup of coffee, and then hit the road, I walked for an hour. For this week I will be doing this Every morning, after that I will take it down to 3 days a week. I hope to be back down to 165 in at least 2 months, and my goal weight is 135 and I hope to be there in another 6 months.....wish me luck!

Replies

• maria2255
    Options
    GOOD LUCK !!!! Don't give up. You did it once and you CAN do it again!
  • steph1499
    steph1499 Posts: 36
    Options
    I am getting back on track this week too. I have lost a total of 30 pounds and have stayed the pretty much the same. You did it once you can do it again.
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    good for you! cute kitty on your ticker, too. I wish you the best. Maybe you can teach her a little about healthy cooking by being an example?
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    She actually is paying attention to some of it. I've tried to tell her that she can't jump right in, that it's better to make changes slowly, because it's easier to stick with it. She has joined MFP and has put my son on it too.

The kitty, Max, is my 2 year old 20 lb baby....lol.