Weight distribution, I suppose?

Options
I know everyone's body is different, and 130lbs on a short person is worse than 130lbs on a tall person. I'm 5"3 & so it's not a good weight for me. What I'm wondering though is why a lot of people on here reach 130lbs and wear size 8/10 pants. That size is too small for me. Why? Highly unfortunate weight distribution maybe?

Replies

• raejay621
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 130 would probably be a size 5 on me. I'm trying to get down to 160 and I will be in a size 9/10. I was there before that's how I know.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Seems unfair, huh!? I am 5'5" and when I have gotten down to my lowest adult weight ((142) I wear a size 12, and a few 10s. That included walking 5-6 days a week and doing Pilates several times a week, so I was at my fittest, as well as lowest weight. It never fails that I see people with the same weight and height wearing size 6, and weighing 175lbs wearing a 10/12. Idk. It's frustrating, but I guess we just need to stop comparing ourselves to others, as hard as that may be.
  • MrsAzriel
    MrsAzriel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It really is more muscle structure when you get to the shorter side of things. I am 5'4" and I weigh 130. However, an American size 1 to 2 is loose on me. Even at 140 I only wore a size 3 to 5 in things because of how I'm built.

Taller does help though.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Looking and height and weight isn't really looking at the full picture. 130lbs and 20% bf is not the same as 130lbs and 15% bf because 1kg of muscle takes up 1/3 of the space of 1kg of fat. Google some pictures of the same weight with different bf% and you'll get an idea of the dramatically different body shapes. Did you know that a lot of olympic athletes are considered overweight for their height and weight based on BMI simply because of the large amount of muscle they carry.

If you want to improve your body composition start lifting and lifting heavy (for you)