Wasn't sure what category to put this in... ladies??

Options
So I'm just wondering if I'm alone on this ...

In the spring I went a month without my period. I ended up getting it the next month. I had never been irregular before so it was strange but I let it go.
Now I just missed the entire month of September but got it today. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen where you're fine for a few months, and then you miss one, and then keep going as normal?

Replies

• spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    What contraception do you use?
  • hillarychristina
    Options
    i don't take birth control
  • It could be stress or something else! To be safe u really should go see an O.B just to be safe.
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    Ah. Well that is my theory out the water then. Sorry I don't know all that much about skipping your monthly for reasons other than that!

I am in absolutely no way qualified any more than the next person - so all I can suggest is that if it happens again and it causes you concern that you get a check up at the doc.
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    if it happens again go to your gp. i started skipping periods and turned out i had pcos.
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    So, um, I think that this would have to do with your weight-loss efforts. I spent the first five years after getting my first period with an irregular schedule... at best having four periods a year. This is because I was a) competitively running and b) slightly underweight. Since gaining about twenty pounds and getting to a BMI of 22, my periods have become more regular. As I am trying to tone up, I am losing weight and this is making me have irregular periods again. The woman's body has a way of knowing when you are below your optimal weight for reproduction. Your period's regularity is a sign of that.
    That being said, if at any point you want to have children, talking to a doctor about weight and weight loss goals is optimal.
  • ImperfectedBeauty
    ImperfectedBeauty Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That used to happen to me when I was younger, I started taking BC when I was 18 (im 22 now) and it has kept things regular ever since. I highly recommend BC for that reason alone. =)
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Happened to me a few times. I've always been slightly irregular, but it's gotten much worse lately for some reason. Not only did I skip a month twice, those missed periods CAME BACK, meaning I only had two weeks between each visit for the past 4 times! I don't think I lost any more blood per month than usual, though, because those super-frequent periods were light/moderate. Usually mine are extreeeemely heavy.

I'm going to wait a bit more before seeing a doctor. Aside from irregularity, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with me, so...
  • hillarychristina
    Options
    thank you everyone!!