Protein shakes for lunch?

Does anyone have a protein shake for lunch or any other meal? I was thinking of starting to have smaller lunches because that's when my sodium intake seems to be the highest. Today I'm having a protein shake (whey) and an apple. Anyone do this?

Replies

• T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Nothing wrong with it but it may get old in a hurry. There's not of things you can replace to change your sodium intake. The first is to avoid processed foods and eat more fresh fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and fish.
  • I have a Muscle Milk shake every single morning for breakfast (around 8:30) followed by oatmeal around 10:30.
    This has been keeping me full and working for me.
    Although the shake I drink is pretty high in sodium so I watch the rest of the day to make sure I do not go over.

It really helps to drink one if you are not a breakfast person which I am not.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    I have a protein shake for lunch but its accompanied by sushi and chili (well that is for today). If you want to cut sodium, start bring/eating some whole meats (chicken, turkey, cornish hen, bison, steak, etc..).
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    I drink two scoops of chocolate Natures Way metebolic Reset with 12-16 ounces of almond/coconut milk as breakfast or lunch some days. If it's going to be my main meal I add two tablespoons of peanut butter and a banana. The shake is sugar-free, high fiber, and delicious.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 638 Member
    I only do that when I'm going out for dinner and want to have a low cal lunch.
  • DLP87
    DLP87 Posts: 3
    I'll have a protein shake for lunch or dinner every once in awhile. I put a scoop of BSN Lean Dessert protein powder in the whipped vanilla flavor in the blender with some ice, skim milk, a tbsp of fat free sugar free vanilla pudding mix (to thicken up the mixture) spinach and fruit (usually blueberries and banana). The shake is about 300-350 calories and filling!