What will you do different this year during the holidays?

Options
kat5556
kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
For me, this time of year "was" the start of eating pumpkin and sweet potato pie! Every weekend when I would shop at BJ's or Sam's I would grab a pie for me and my husband. We'd eat a piece each night until it was gone and then start over the next weekend with a new one.

What I will do different is limit the pies to just a few this holiday season and look for lower calorie pumpkin recipes. I've found a few to try out but please share any that you have too. And of course, I'll keep up the workouts!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/11/pumpkin-pie-dip.html
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/09/pumpkin-spice-no-bake-cheesecake.html
http://lynnsfavoriterecipes.blogspot.com/2007/10/pumpkin-cheesecake-pudding.html (thanks to one of my MFP friends for this one)

Replies

• kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Anyone??
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Usually, after Thanksgiving and Christmas there are left overs that are snacked on for a few days. This year, I do plan on eating with my family as I do every year but will not be keeping the left overs. They will be sent home with other people. One day won't do any damage but a week can cause some harm.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I plan to NOT make the ton of candy I have always made. If it's here, we eat it. That will not only save on calories, but money and stress as well.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I'm sending the kids away for T'day, so it'll be just me and the husband. It will be so laid back this year
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Try to help my food pusher friends understand that while I love them and I love their baked goods, we simply don't need (or want) a giant box of said baked goods at our house!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Not a damn thing. I'm enjoying myself and eating like a cow.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm going to walk from one end of my home town to the other to show my partner where I grew up, it's only a little place but every year I get there and lye on the couch with oodles of food and don't move (unless it's to get more food)
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating whatever I want on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. The other days of the holidays I'll make healthy choices, as usual. :)
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Embrace grazing. I have found that when I listen to my body, I need less in my stomach to feel satisfied and prefer mini-meals during the day. So, at the holidays, instead of gorging in one big meal, I will try to keep the calories spread out.
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    i'll workout this time around! and probably try to eat less at christmas dinner. i always hate myself for piling so much on my plate, and feel full and gross the rest of the evening, so.
  • dumbbanana
    Options
    This year I plan on drinking *all* the eggnog
  • farfoorah
    farfoorah Posts: 168
    Options
    I will get finger laid.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    lol, whatever.. im gettin my inner fat kid on and eating whatever i want... AND IM GUNNA LOG IT TOO!
    then! i will put on strechy pants and go for a walk or play on the kinect.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Get the whole gang together, have a glass of wine, sing, laugh, tell stories about each other and laugh harder. Hope to see the first great-grandchild in our family at Thanksgiving or Christmas (keeping fingers crossed).

Oh, you mean food?

Focus on the meat and veggies. Forget the sides like green bean casserole (stupid) and the sugary-syrupy sweet potatoes (ick). No pie.