Well, I'm back after Breast Cancer Saga

Options
Dlhigh
Dlhigh Posts: 72 Member
:heart:

Well, as of September I had met my weight loss goal of 44 lbs, and things were going quite well. Getting in great physical condition and generally very happy. Then I got hit by a semi-truck. Found out on October 19 that I had breast cancer. The whirlwind began. Had surgery mid-November, double mastectomies and started reconstruction. So here I am a few months later and 10 days post-op from second surgery. Up about 7 pounds since the drama all began. I am significantly restricted on exercise for a couple of months. But ready to pick up where this all began back in October. I am now officially a "Pink Warrior", no worse for the wear, just a little ragged around the edges.

Replies

• gr8fuldet
    Options
    God bless you, I pray fro your recovery and a long and healthy life. Frank
  • czar1978
    czar1978 Posts: 83
    Options
    Welcome back and congratulations on being a survivor.

Stay strong during your recovery. :flowerforyou:
  • lazygalina
    Options
    Stay Strong!!!!
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Get well soon!
  • AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm right there with you, lady..... I gained during 11 1/2 months of breast cancer treatment -- 2 surgeries, 18 rounds of chemo, radiation. Breast cancer turned my life so upside down for so long that I didn't even care about the weight until last month, so I'm amazed and impressed to see you here on MFP. I gained 23 pounds during treatment and have hopefully lost it (weigh in Wed), and then I'll work on the last 10 pounds of baby weight -- a process, like yours, that got interrupted by cancer 18 months ago.

If you ever want to talk.....I'm here.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    you are in my thoughts and prayers.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    God bless you Dlhigh! Welcome back - we are so glad to have you back!! I watched my mom battle breast cancer a few years ago - you guys are my heros! Glad you're here Dlhigh and AllisonMS. :flowerforyou:
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    You are an inspiration!

Sue
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Cancer sux, you rock. You made me cry, thank you.

C
  • bettydaigle
    Options
    Hi there

I actually thought I might have posted your comments. We have very similiar stories. Here I am after breast cancer and trying to get back on track.

So keep strong Pink Warrior. Life is good.

Betty
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    LADY - YOU ROCK! :glasses: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • EmilyStrick
    EmilyStrick Posts: 267
    Options
    i know that semi truck feeling...i had brain surgery when i was 20. it took me a while to find strength through all of the fear, but these things make us stronger!!! we are given nothing we can't handle!!! rock on, sisterita...ROCK ON!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I am a 4 year survivor! Managed to get thru the mastectomy, then chemo then reconstruction....only to gain like 75 pounds. Now down 90 from that so doing fantastic and I am a blessed, better, stronger person for having gone thru cancer.

sounds like you have a plan to keep yourself in a healthy direction--keep it up!

if you ever want to chat-look me up!

I don't just survive from breast cancer-I thrive since breast Cancer!
  • Dlhigh
    Dlhigh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much all of you. I'm crying right now, on top of the everyday struggles, my 14 yo dog passed away last night, so today was a good day to make myself accountable. Gonna go blow off some stress at the gym later.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!