Tips for keeping sodium in check!

Options
I am always over my sodium intake. The bread I ate this morning had 360 milligrams of sodium and it was ww! I am really sensitive to it, but everything but vegetables and fruit are overloaded with sodium.

Replies

• sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Even some vegetable are loaded with salt... check out broccoli!

I'll be monitoring this thread because I'm the same boat you are... I don't add salt to my food, and I'm eating less and less "processed" foods - and yet I'm having a hard time with my sodium intake.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    The best way is to just eat very little processed foods. Eat clean whole foods and your sodium levels should stay low.
  • CathyNS
    CathyNS Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this as well as I carefully monitor my sodium intake due to high blood pressure. You should check out your grocery store bakery, here ours makes their own version of low sodium bread that is 140mg for 2 slices. I limit myself to 1500mg of sodium per day and unfortunately that has meant cutting out the bread for me, usually only have 1-2 slices on the weekend as a treat. I have also eliminated canned soups, processed meats, frozen dinners, and sauces etc to cut down on the sodium. The only thing I haven't been able to give up is my cheese, hard to believe 30g of cheese can have so much sodium. Reading labels is the trick though and compare products, good luck!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Eat clean, whole foods. Take a look at my food diary if you wish. I usually am able to stay under 1500mgs a day.