Green Smoothies - your opinion

Options
Hello Guys !

Who amongst us drink green smoothies.
Have you seen any real benefits on your health ? on your weight loss ?

what is your best (and) tasty green smoothie recipe ?

Thanks for your feedback

Replies

• cgueugnon
    Options
    Hello Guys !

Who amongst us drink green smoothies.
    Have you seen any real benefits on your health ? on your weight loss ?

what is your best (and) tasty green smoothie recipe ?

Thanks for your feedback
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    I started making them a couple weeks ago. I didn't really do it as a weight loss program, just a way to cut calories and get in some veggies.
    I did 1 frozen banana, 1 cup milk, 2 cups spinach. It woulda been great with a handful of strawberries or some vanilla yogurt. They were really good, but I think it wreaked some havoc on my digestive system...a little too regular, uncomfortably regular.
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    A smoothie is a great way to add an extra punch of nutrition that tastes great. I love having a nutrient packed smoothie early in the day to keep me energized. I have been on maintenance for 4 years and its through healthy habits like this that I've been able to keep the weight off and feel better inside.

A great smoothie recipe:

2 cups of spinach
    1 table spoon of algae ( I alternate between chlorella and spirulina )
    1 banana
    1cup of blueberries
    8 oz of coconut water
    Organic cocoa powder
    2 dates

It's delicious!

Also try
    1 banana
    1 cup of kale
    1 shot of wheat grass
    1 cup of raspberries
    8 oz of fresh OJ
    Add algae to taste

Organic unsweeted Apple juice
    1 peeled kiwi
    2 cups of spinach
    1 banana
    1 tbs of super green nutri powder ( powder supplement with broc, algae, green leaf veggies etc) you can add to any smoothie.
    Good luck!
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Before I started MFP, I used to eat them for lunch. They are SO yummy! However, they didn't keep me full for long. I think they are good, but for me didn't work as a meal replacement.
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    HI!
    I never did green "smoothies" but I first started my weight loss by doing a 10 day juice fast. I had a juicer and "juiced" only fresh fruits and veggies for 10 days to detox my body. It was great! I don't recommend it for everyone but it gave me a really great boost of motivation to start off with. It did lower my cravings and my energy level improved after the first 2 days. I've been wanting to take it out again and just use it for post-workout snacks but it is kind of a pain to clean daily. I wrote a blog to have a history of my fast if you are interested in reading it:

http://juicemom1.blogspot.com/
  • kellyirisheyes
    kellyirisheyes Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I throw spinach in all of my protein shakes.
    does that count? :P
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I drink geen smoothies as a way to get green leafy veggies into my meal plan.
    Since green leafies are packed with nutrients, it makes me "feel" healhty just to have them.

Today I made one like this:
    1.5 cups baby spinach
    pulp from one mango (about 1.5 cups)
    1 cup lowfat organic yogurt
    6 TBS All Whites
    2 tsp flaxseed oil
    1 TBS maple syrup

I use any fruit I have on hand, sometimes frozen, sometimes fresh, a source of protein (soy milk, yougurt, eggwhites), spinach or kale (at least one big handful). If it needs more liquid to blend well I add a splash of OJ.