BAAADDDD Weekend!!

Options
We went away Fri-Sat, stayed at a hotel, and I knew we would be eating pizza. The pizza was the least of my downfalls!!

Not only did I eat deep dish Chicago style pizza, but a bottle of wine was consumed over the weekend, and then came home to our neighbors inviting us over for MORE PIZZA , rasp vodka, and butter pecan ice cream.

I worked out 2 times in the hotel gym, swam laps, and thought, I didnt do that much damage, really I only ate 5 slices of pizza over 2 days, how bad could that be??? Oh it was bad!!!!...................... I was sicker than a dog on Sun!!!!!!!!!!! I mean sick, sick sick. Felt like someone drop kicked me in the gut it hurt so bad. Not to mention the trips to the bathroom. I only ate 1 time yesterday it was that bad. I have not eaten that poorly since Dec!!!

So this morn I get on the scale.............up 6 lbs!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP. It's going to take me 2 weeks just to get back to where I was.

Replies

• StrengthInPain
    StrengthInPain Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    don't get discouraged, it will probably fall off faster than you put it on. alot of it is probably water being retained as your body tries to repair the damage. you live, you learn. just get back on track and you will be back to losing in no time.
  • rkascak
    rkascak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    well at least now you see and feel how eating poorly is bad for you. And since you had a bad experience with it, you will probably think about it the next time pizza is infront of you.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Relax... it's water retention. You might have eaten a couple thousand calories too much and really gained a pound,,, the rest is fluid retention. Get back on track and you'll be in great shape again in a couple days.

The good news is - after that sicky sick thing happens a couple times the "taste aversion" will kick in, and you won't even want the pizza anymore. :smile:
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Relax... it's water retention. You might have eaten a couple thousand calories too much and really gained a pound,,, the rest is fluid retention. Get back on track and you'll be in great shape again in a couple days.
    The good news is - after that sicky sick thing happens a couple times the "taste aversion" will kick in, and you won't even want the pizza anymore. :smile:

I will keep remembering this! I feel discouraged too, after eating 'off' and then seeing the scale go up! I learnt my lesson last weekend, I don't weigh in til friday now lol.

I was away this weekend and ran into some simliar troubles.I let myself get too hungry after pizza on friday night and we ordered room service and totally pigged out. Then felt sick (no adversie reactions though). I did better the rest of the weekend, and while we indulged in a nice dinner out at olive garden (try eating low cal there lol) I watched portions and guzzled water. I also worked out while away (a first!) and worked out double yesterday once home to try and minmize some damage. I have a hard time away from home! If the foods there, its so hard to not over indulge. I did do way better than in the past and will have to be happy with that!

I learnt last weekend after a horrible, feeling-crappy-about-the-scale-monday, that I just don't weigh in on mondays lol. So i'm skipping the scale til friday this week, and hope I will at least be the same as last friday! Its hard though, i'm a scale junkie and would happily weigh every day if i could handle seeing it go back up lol.

I'm sure your 6 pounds will shrink away in a few days with lots of water!
  • sunshineshardz
    Options
    It's probably water weight. I had a bad weekend and I was up 2 lbs, I drak 10 glasses of water yesterday and when I stepped onto the scale this morn, poof. It was gone :0). So load up on veggies and water and you will be back on track in a couple days!