Hi from the MKE!

Options
Hi all -- been lurking a while and thought I'd introduce myself. 40 years old, wife to the best husband ever, mom/stepmom of five (!!). Lost 35 pounds on Weight Watchers, then decided I was over the scale and wanted to work on body composition instead. Anybody else out there from the Milwaukee area???

Replies

• martintanz
    Options
    You know me from the real world. Good to see you migrated over from Weight Watchers. My wife does WW, but honestly, I think their point system is unnecessarily complicated. If you have MFP for iphone or android, logging your food throughout the day is incredibly easy.

This is the 5th time in my lifeI have attempted major weight loss. Though it isn't easy, I feel pretty good about the progress I have made since I started here.
  • floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from the land of beer and cheese as well! I'm slowly making progress losing weight and ww never worked for me.
  • mrsoski
    mrsoski Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey Martin! I love the phone app! Very easy to track. Weight Watchers worked fine until I got very, VERY active, and then I was starving. I like that MFP syncs with my Bodymedia. The calorie burn isn't perfect but it's much more accurate than WW activity points. It's good that you and your wife are working on it together, makes it much easier.

sandi, slow steady progress is the good kind! Thanks for the warm welcome.
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm not from Milwaukee, I'm from Racine but I lived in Milwaukee for about a year. Feel free to add me!
  • Krisbraden12
    Options
    Hello I am a new mom my son is 9 mos I have been married a yr and work as a PTA. Before I became a PTA I worked in charleston as a fitness instructor living and breathing at the gym I completed 2 half marathons and countless 5k', and took numerous classes. Since school ended I became a working mom and have been struggling to get a schedule set to workout and eat right. I am hoping this will help I have tried nutrisystem, The Dukan Diet, and many others I would lose only to gain back and now being a new mom I am struggling with finding the energy to even go walk up and down the street after I get home in the evenings. I weigh the most now than I ever have,