Detox-need help-have pics in a few days!

Options
Okay friends! Besides chugging a **** ton of water (It's hard to go to the bathroom as many times as I need to because being so busy at the new job!) but I need to do some type of detox thing tomorrow. And not necessarily like a detox drink or something but what food/foods should I eat tomorrow and for a few days to help detox some of the water weight and what not? I have pics on Sunday and don't want to be bloated and I feel like that. I know about the water with the lemon and cucumber thing but anything else I should try? And I'm on a very tight budget right now so I can't go buying a lot of this and that. Thank you!!!

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    asparagus
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    asparagus

I do not like asparagus unless it's grilled with lots of olive oil and garlic. :-(
  • Ralstonk2
    Options
    BUMP Anyone else???
  • positivepineapple
    positivepineapple Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    fresh fruits and vegetables.... No sodium.

Smoothies are great but might be difficult if you have to work.
  • deannecarey
    Options
    Jillian Michael's Water Bloat Detox

60 ounces of water
    1 tbsp of cranberry juice
    1 dandelion root tea bag
    2 tbsp of lemon juice.

Drink every day for 7 days.

It works!!! A friend and I did it a few weeks ago, I lost 7 and she lost 6.
  • Ralstonk2
    Options
    fresh fruits and vegetables.... No sodium.

Smoothies are great but might be difficult if you have to work.

Yeah I was thinking lots of fresh and veggies. Yes, I do work all day-9-11 hours in a busy environment.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Okay friends! Besides chugging a **** ton of water (It's hard to go to the bathroom as many times as I need to because being so busy at the new job!) but I need to do some type of detox thing tomorrow. And not necessarily like a detox drink or something but what food/foods should I eat tomorrow and for a few days to help detox some of the water weight and what not? I have pics on Sunday and don't want to be bloated and I feel like that. I know about the water with the lemon and cucumber thing but anything else I should try? And I'm on a very tight budget right now so I can't go buying a lot of this and that. Thank you!!!

Pics for what?

If you need to tighten your tummy temporarily, Prep H and saran wrap, totally srs
  • Ralstonk2
    Options

Pics for what?

If you need to tighten your tummy temporarily, Prep H and saran wrap, totally srs

Family pics done. And pics of me for the first time since losing 60 lbs. :-)
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Stay away from fruits and veg like apples, grapes and broccoli as these will make you bloated and gassy
  • Ralstonk2
    Options

Pics for what?

And I've actually tried body wraps before and it didn't do anything for me. :-(
  • Ralstonk2
    Options
    Stay away from fruits and veg like apples, grapes and broccoli as these will make you bloated and gassy

But I can do cantaloupe (SP?) lol strawberries? And dang it. I love broccoli with garlic on it! Carrots and celery good?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Pics for what?

He was being facetious. I think using the word "detox" is misleading-- what you really want is to get rid of bloat, yes? Cut down on sodium as much as you can, drink water, eat as clean as possible. I've also heard (though have not observed) that carbs cause more bloating. Might be worth a look. Most people on this site (myself included) have a negative knee-jerk reaction to the term detox because it is usually associated with pseudoscience. Google "debunking detox" and you'll see why it tends to be viewed negatively.
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Coffee, tea, parsley, celery seed, and celery are supposed to be natural diuretics. Oh, and apparently coca cola's (with caffeine).
  • tahawksha
    Options
    drink lemon water in morning when you get up, eat unlimited amount of green vegetables, eat only chicken or turkey breast, or
    salmon, tuna, tilipia. drink green tea with each meal. drink lots of water. more water you drink the more water and weight you lose.
    good Luck!!:smile:
  • Acg67
    Options

Pics for what?

He was being facetious. I think using the word "detox" is misleading-- what you really want is to get rid of bloat, yes? Cut down on sodium as much as you can, drink water, eat as clean as possible. I've also heard (though have not observed) that carbs cause more bloating. Might be worth a look. Most people on this site (myself included) have a negative knee-jerk reaction to the term detox because it is usually associated with pseudoscience. Google "debunking detox" and you'll see why it tends to be viewed negatively.

http://www.okmagazine.com/blogs/miss-usa-gets-bikini-ready-preparation-h
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Pics for what?

I have no doubt that people do that crap, I just figured you were more reasonable than to suggest that as a desirable course of action. :) Am I wrong in that assumption?
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You've lost 60 pounds! The few pounds of bloat will be hardly noticeable by comparison. Don't worry about it.
  • Acg67
    Options

Pics for what?

I have no doubt that people do that crap, I just figured you were more reasonable than to suggest that as a desirable course of action. :) Am I wrong in that assumption?

Unreasonable goals and requests require unreasonable courses of action. Presumably she has known this date was coming up but only freaking out about doing something a few days prior
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Google the O2 Diet's four day cleanse. You're going to lose water, mostly, but it sounds like that's what you want.
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

But I can do cantaloupe (SP?) lol strawberries? And dang it. I love broccoli with garlic on it! Carrots and celery good?

Check out these sites :
    http://www.ehow.com/list_7417297_fruits-vegetables-gassy_.html
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/31966-list-foods-make-feel-bloated/