Losing weight on phentermine... 22lbs down>>. :)

Options
PHentermine Vs. Healthy weightloss

Okay so last year I weighed 165lbs and I was taking phentermine monitored by a PA...physicans assistant and nurse....Of course I was on a restricted diet... 1 carb,2 fruits, 3 veggies, 4 proteins...I hardly worked out maybe 2 times in a month....I ended up losing 10lbs...ANd after another 2 months down to 143....22lb lost 3 months...I did not gain it back for a couple months after I fell off the wagon...But taking phentermine helped a lot..

.I'm not complaining...Just curious why aren't I losing weight that quickly this time around without the medication?

ANd working out almost daily?

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    You're probably eating too much. It's just calories in vs. calories out and if you're working out, you need to look at your calories. Are you logging every bite and measuring all your food?
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    Yes I am regardless of what I log it in...NOt logging in isn't going to help me at all....I had 3 days I did really bad...Not back to back just allowing myself a cheat day once a week..Which after last friday, I realized is everything in moderation not binge.....So lesson learned...I consume either 1200 calories or a little more depending on the workout I endured that day...

Do you think my calorie intake is too much? Today I did 30 day shred for 30 mins 243 caloried burned.....
    the other day did p90x 400 calories burned....
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Phentermine is a sympathomimetic which basically means it "acts" like epinephrine which is a stimulant among other actions. You lose weight becuase it suppresses appetite but it only works in short term. However if your apppetite isn't suppressed enough, it's not going to help burn fat, lose weight, or be the solution for longterm weight management
  • annaruiz
    annaruiz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was on it for 30 days under my drs care. It may be your calorie intake and also bc phentermine speeds up your heart rate so you burn more calories by doing nothing. Since I finished the medicine my progress has been slower but that's ok for me because I got used to working out at least 6 days a week. Good luck on other responses you get, I have discovered many people on here are not supportive of the use of phentermine
  • hope8311
    Options
    I was on it for 30 days under my drs care. It may be your calorie intake and also bc phentermine speeds up your heart rate so you burn more calories by doing nothing. Since I finished the medicine my progress has been slower but that's ok for me because I got used to working out at least 6 days a week. Good luck on other responses you get, I have discovered many people on here are not supportive of the use of phentermine

OH thanks, however, this time around I want to do it the healthy way...I mean I don't want to spend money on something that Ican do myself, lose weight...When I was on phentermine, it was great however, the side effects were not pleasant..insomnia..I could not sleep..This time around am sore by the time I hit my bed and pass out...Its a bit nice...

I mean 2lbs=in 20 days..doesn't seem right...But maybe this is healthy...
  • hope8311
    Options
    Phentermine is a sympathomimetic which basically means it "acts" like epinephrine which is a stimulant among other actions. You lose weight becuase it suppresses appetite but it only works in short term. However if your apppetite isn't suppressed enough, it's not going to help burn fat, lose weight, or be the solution for longterm weight management

Agreed however if you can't control your appetite after stopping phentermine it works against you and makes you gain weight.
    Thanks
  • annaruiz
    annaruiz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes a lot of people say progress may be slow but it is easier to keep off. :smile: