spaghetti squash

Options
Can you freeze it once it is cooked??? I got 3 of them since they were an awesome price but I know I will not use it all right away. Can I freeze it once cooked?

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I wonder how it tastes after being defrosted and then heated though :0/
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Squash keeps for a very long time, store it somewhere dark and cool... perhaps you will get around to eating them spread throughout the month?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    They'll keep a long time if you put them in a cool place. I think if you freeze it that it will a lot like zucchini and get watery.
  • smalleyez06
    smalleyez06 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    my son dropped one so I have to use it right away and i know when i got them they were fresh picked because I got from a farm stand and actually saw them come up from the field. I may keep my fingers crossed they stay good. Thanks for the link though and will keep it in mind in case i need it :)
  • sunnygirl87
    sunnygirl87 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    When I was into low carb, I used to slice eggplant very thin, par bake it then use it like lasagna noodles. The partial baking dries it out a bit and then it is not a soggy mess. I bet you could do that with the spaghetti squash. Prepare it in a meal and freeze it cooked? I love having healthy cooked meals ready for one of the busy evenings.