Lower-calorie beef and mushroom melt

Options
GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
I'm not going to lie and say this is health food, but for those of you who love patty melts...like me...it's a pretty good substitute.love0082.gif

3 oz. 90% lean ground beef, made into a patty
1 slice reduced-fat American cheese (or you could use Swiss, I used the Kraft 2% milk slices)
3 or 4 white mushrooms, stems removed

Spray a small pan with cooking spray, add mushrooms, seasoned to taste. Pour in a small amount of water, cover and put over medium-high heat. While mushrooms are cooking, fry the hamburger patty until it's done. Add the cheese, leave in the pan until the cheese is melted onto the burger. Top with the mushrooms. I ate mine without the bun...mmmm yummy!!

Total calories: 229

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    Options
    I'm not going to lie and say this is health food, but for those of you who love patty melts...like me...it's a pretty good substitute.love0082.gif

3 oz. 90% lean ground beef, made into a patty
    1 slice reduced-fat American cheese (or you could use Swiss, I used the Kraft 2% milk slices)
    3 or 4 white mushrooms, stems removed

Spray a small pan with cooking spray, add mushrooms, seasoned to taste. Pour in a small amount of water, cover and put over medium-high heat. While mushrooms are cooking, fry the hamburger patty until it's done. Add the cheese, leave in the pan until the cheese is melted onto the burger. Top with the mushrooms. I ate mine without the bun...mmmm yummy!!

Total calories: 229
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Sounds yummy!:smile:
  • Mags
    Mags Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    sounds good

am having a bbq next weekend

do you add anything to the meat to make the patty like flour ? or just the meat ?

Mags

60770.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    sounds good

am having a bbq next weekend

do you add anything to the meat to make the patty like flour ? or just the meat ?

Mags

60770.png

No, I just make a regular hamburger patty, and sprinkle a little garlic powder, a dash of salt, and some pepper on it.
  • Mags
    Mags Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    garlic - ooh good idea

:smile:

Mags

60770.png
  • diser
    diser Posts: 9
    Options
    :happy: Sounds yummy! Do you have any of the other nurtritional info for this meal Thanks diser

65963.png
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    :happy: Sounds yummy! Do you have any of the other nurtritional info for this meal Thanks diser

(this is for a burger without a bun)
    Total fat: 12 grams
    Sodium:341 mg
    Protein: 26 grams
    Carbs: 2 grams