Tracy anderson method VS turbofire!

Options
Recently, i realised that i got fat. Plain fat, and i want to do something about it duuuh :) But here it is, im stuck between Tracy anderson and turbofire! I love love love turbo, but often when i look at before and after pictures of women who did it, i PERSONALLY feel that they look bulky and its really not the look i want to achieve, ofcourse i want some muscle tone, but i dont want anything bulging out too much. (my calfs have always been large so i feel like i am going to bulk!) SO, the answer to that would be the tracy anderson method...which claims that it will give you a teeny tiny body, and will not allow you to bulk up. However i havent actually seen any research done for what tracy anderson preaches and the clients that she has already look great and are barely EVER overweight. Also, im not enjoying dance cardio and tracy says you CANT do anything but her cardio and Muscular structure work and diet (which is 700 calories and below but i wouldnt do this diet anyways!) everyday 6x a week. Anyone, feel like they get bulky with certain workout programmes? Please help me decide lol Im completely lost, because both show great results, tracy can make you look a bit too thin, where as turbofire can bulk you. PLease keep in mind that one womans bulky is another ones toned, but i just dont want massive muscley thighs and over developed shoulders and arms. Thank you. :)

Replies

• genie98
    genie98 Posts: 62
    Options
    Bump. Good question.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    you wouldnt get bulky from turbofire.

she doesnt work for you to get bulky.
    its just depends on how your body is..
    like if you are full of mass of muscle
    she works on all over the muscle

if you do the extreme with the turbofire. you will just get more definition. as far as i can tell.

but i love turbofire. once you stop the program, your body will start to adjust to your actual body.
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Turbofire is a lot of cardio, so it's not suppose to bulk you up! It's to lose weight and you'll probably tone, which is what you would want (you don't want to be thin and not toned), but no bulking! I don't know much about the tracy anderson method. I'm trying to learn more about it, but what you said about the calorie intake is a bit worrisome. You said you won't follow it, which is good, because if you are exercising that is not enough calories at all! When I searched in google about the tracy anderson method the like third search item was this newspaper article.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1367879/Gwyneth-Paltrows-personal-trainer-Tracy-Andersons-diet-plan-gave-blackouts.html
    Thought you would like to read it! It opened my eyes!
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I like Tracy Anderson's Mat Method DVD, however I am not a trained dancer as she is and I can't really follow her cardio routines that are in the 30-Day Method book/DVD. I run or "move about my living room quickly to music" which would be like her cardio if I could dance ;->

I haven't tried her diet.

I have been watching her Metamorphasis infomercial and she keeps emphasizing the need to change things up every 10 days or so that I have gotten a couple of other dvds. I'm starting Core Fusion Body Sculpt tonight and in 10 days will either go back to Tracy or on to 10 days of Callanetics first. I'm hoping for some noticeable results after my 30-day program.

That being said, I love, love the Turbofire infomercials. I just think I can get HIIT from running intervals and strength with 30 DS so have not really been tempted to try it.
  • DiamondInTheDirt
    DiamondInTheDirt Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Turbofire is a lot of cardio, so it's not suppose to bulk you up! It's to lose weight and you'll probably tone, which is what you would want (you don't want to be thin and not toned), but no bulking! I don't know much about the tracy anderson method. I'm trying to learn more about it, but what you said about the calorie intake is a bit worrisome. You said you won't follow it, which is good, because if you are exercising that is not enough calories at all! When I searched in google about the tracy anderson method the like third search item was this newspaper article.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1367879/Gwyneth-Paltrows-personal-trainer-Tracy-Andersons-diet-plan-gave-blackouts.html

To me some of the women look bulky still. too bulgey for my likeing, but i havent ever really tried to get tone to be honest with you. I hope turbo doesnt bulk me cause its sooo fun and im really short, i dont want to look dumpy and too wide! Yeah ive read that article so many times! her diet is an absolute joke and she contradicts her self so much its unbelievable which is why i dont trust her sometimes! however chalene is like, put more muscle in your body, put more muscle in your body! But it dont want to looked over developed and just toned, not skinny. I like the look of janelle summers (chalenes sister ) as shes not bulky, and i like the way chalene looks to, but if youve ever seen toni cook? shes in chalene extreme and well shes beautiful but i would want to achieve that kind of body as she looks a bit too muscular for me.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what females do...even something like P90X...if you are eating a calorie deficit, if you are not exercising with weights 2 hours or more a day, if you are not supplementing with testosterone...YOU WILL NOT BULK UP. So please get it out of your head. :flowerforyou:

To gain lean muscle mass, first and foremost, whether male or female, you MUST be eating more calories than your maintenance level. If you are trying to lose weight, you aren't doing that. And you won't bulk up.

You WILL, however, get stronger and more shapely muscles, which is a good thing.
  • DiamondInTheDirt
    DiamondInTheDirt Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I like Tracy Anderson's Mat Method DVD, however I am not a trained dancer as she is and I can't really follow her cardio routines that are in the 30-Day Method book/DVD. I run or "move about my living room quickly to music" which would be like her cardio if I could dance ;->

I haven't tried her diet.

I have been watching her Metamorphasis infomercial and she keeps emphasizing the need to change things up every 10 days or so that I have gotten a couple of other dvds. I'm starting Core Fusion Body Sculpt tonight and in 10 days will either go back to Tracy or on to 10 days of Callanetics first. I'm hoping for some noticeable results after my 30-day program.

That being said, I love, love the Turbofire infomercials. I just think I can get HIIT from running intervals and strength with 30 DS so have not really been tempted to try it.
    THe metamorphosis infomercial is so inspirational! but i think its crazy that she emphasizes changing the muscular structure workouts every 10 days, i mean i think shes doing it so that you can buy more of her dvds, so she has a continuity metamorphosis series too, where you get another 9 levess of muscular structure work after yourve finished the first set of meta dvds. To be honest i dont know if its realistic. the kind of body that she offers, jsut doesnt seem realistic, eventhough it sounds great. I dont think HIIT in general is an amazing thing, lol...i think im the only one whos so and so about it.. I just love the pace and rhythm of her cardio. When youre angry and youre attempting a tracy anderson workout, especially the dance cardio, you will cry and its happened to me a lot lol. Turbo is really fun! Its good that your changing up the routine every 10 days because that way you wont plateau! :)
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options

To me some of the women look bulky still. too bulgey for my likeing, but i havent ever really tried to get tone to be honest with you. I hope turbo doesnt bulk me cause its sooo fun and im really short, i dont want to look dumpy and too wide! Yeah ive read that article so many times! her diet is an absolute joke and she contradicts her self so much its unbelievable which is why i dont trust her sometimes! however chalene is like, put more muscle in your body, put more muscle in your body! But it dont want to looked over developed and just toned, not skinny. I like the look of janelle summers (chalenes sister ) as shes not bulky, and i like the way chalene looks to, but if youve ever seen toni cook? shes in chalene extreme and well shes beautiful but i would want to achieve that kind of body as she looks a bit too muscular for me.

I am short
    you need to remember. what Chalene Johnson says, why she wants more muscle for you is to get leaner. she works it enough to get you lean. not to get bulky.
    Like i said earlier if you just work it without worrying to much.. cause i even said that too. i dont want to get bulky... ANY fitness trainer will tell you the same thing. Build the muscle will help you burn the fat quicker. their not working to get you bulky.
    Beside, our muscle as girls cant get bulky unless we take steroid.

there is like 5 different body mass of people

dont worry about bulking up.
    i was worried, but then i found out a lot of things.

you wont get bulky from TurboFire

I promise you that
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Ok I have heard that TurboFire because it's more cardio than the Jam you actually have the problem where you can loose muscle tone...so I hope this helps, I love TurboJam I don't think I got bulky but my arms have a definite shape to them!
  • Saniha
    Saniha Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I own the metamorphosis program...its by no means easy..it includes dance cardio for 30 minutes then muscular structure for another 30 minutes and that changes it up every 10 days so your body can continue to be shocked and not get used to doing the same thing..so you can lose weight. All the DVDs needed for 90 days are included as well as a diet with her workouts but i know a lot of people who just stick to 1200 calorie diet and they lose weight quickly. If you have more questions about metamorphosis let me know..im happy to help! :)
  • Theatretheophilus
    Options
    I am currently doing both. I do tracy's mat workouts switching dvds every 10 days and the turbo fire workouts as my cardio and I do her sculpting rountines as well. I love mixing the two because they are two completely different workouts. I have lost 10 pound in 15 days and have 50 more to go but I have noticed i'm firming up. I have a tendency to be able to bulk easily when I lift and I haven't noticed that with either workout. Tracy's make sure of that just by the design of her method alone and with turbofire all the sculpting workouts use resistance bands so you can control the amount of resistance to tailor your results. That's my two cents, but i'm really enjoying doing both together
  • Natalie2040
    Natalie2040 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think you should do both!

You WILL NOT get bulky from either. They are both different so mixing them up is a good way to get strength & cardio in and not get bored!
  • MSP222
    MSP222 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You will only bulk up if you intentionally try and a lot of that would be to do with a specific diet. Also if you watch the interviews with the people in the Turbofire DVD's, they don't just do Turbofire, they are also personal trainers too so would be doing other form of exercise as well.