Smokin' Hot Green Pepper's 2/26 wk 9

Options
2»

Replies

• sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Pepper's,
    It was such a crazy week end. Was not able to log in. Have to get back to work but just wanted to pop in and say hello. Hope all is doing well :bigsmile:
  • lynettep
    lynettep Posts: 157
    Options
    BAIcott hang in there...this will be a better week for ya. :)

I just went to another gym about 10 minutes away and joined. They have CHILD CARE!! YEAH! Hard to find that available out here in the country. I live 30 minutes east of Austin. And the gym is cheaper too!! So excited!! I let my son play around in the room this morning and got to know the lady that works the daycare. She was really nice...Wyatt didn't want to leave. :)

Have a great day everyone!!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    just thinkin' of you pepper's and wishin' ya a happy Monday! did Level 1 day 1 of JM shred....ugh! Will find out tomorrow how out of shape I am. Started my stretch and tone and weighted ball workout last week. The last time I started the Shred ( only made it to day 3 ), my shoulders and thighs were screaming....plan is to do a brisk walk later and stretch with Denise. am thinkin' Aunt Flo will be here as well this week....

Will check back later! Focus on TODAY!! Plan as much as you can and stick to it!! :flowerforyou: Yay us!!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Here's another Monday -- done. Well, just about done for me.

To my great surprise, my dau who challenges me asked to go to Curves w/me. And she liked it. Wanted to know why we didn't go on the treadmill. Well, when you arrive 30 minutes prior to closing, you can only do the 30 minute circuit.

I was sharing w/one of my friend how my dau wanted to be w/me after the way she treated me yesterday. As my dear friend told me... my dau is keeping her friends close and her enemies closer. Great... just want I wanted to hear from a friend.

To a great Tuesday!

Barb
  • kelly_a
    Options
    walked w/Leslie, but didn't get stretching in w/Denise...made a tuna casserole for supper, but having troubles figuring the nutritional values....even with a recipe calculator. ok, I am trying to expand my tastes....have never had an avocado, so can anyone tell me what they resemble in taste...bitter, bland...I have no idea...and how do you eat it? I was going to just peel it and slice it on my salad.

Barb, oh the wonder of teens....I think it's great that your dd went with you to Curves. I'm sure everything will be back to normal soon for you both.

Lynette ~ that is just great for you and the new gym!! glad it happened for you!!

Cindy ~ so, will things slow down for you 4/15? hope you get time once in a while to relax and just kick back.

hope the rest of the gang is doing good. take care all, gnite
  • lynettep
    lynettep Posts: 157
    Options
    KellyA : Avocados are delicious. Pick them when they are semi soft for guacomole. Add garlic salt, cilantro, diced tomatoes, pepper, and a dash of lemon juice. Enjoy with some healthy chips.

Or cut them up and put on a nice turkey burger....eat them by themselves. They don't have that much of a taste.....hard to describe.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Hi Team.....where's everyone at??? Hope you are all doing good, working hard towards your goals. You can do it if you really want to! :flowerforyou:

Didn't sleep so well last night so a little tired today...I think I am gonna do the shred M-T-W, off Thurs, then again F-Sat, off Sun. That will get me 5 days a week. I just want to say that doing my stretching and resistance training last week did help lessen the soreness. I started yesterday and today I am doing pretty good. Nothing like last time when I started it. Also, I don't think that there is not enough stretching at the end of the workout either, so doing more on your own would help. Thinking maybe an outdoor walk might be in the plan for later....it's warming up!! :glasses:

Have a great day, make it count!
  • jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    Hey all,
    I haven fallen and cant get up!! No just in a funk, Knee still trying to give a lot of trouble. So MiA a friend of mine went into labor Sunday and I didn't get home untill 4 am Monday. So slept all Monday, Dead to the world. Tried to be good ate salad with chicken for dinner but then I ate a chocolate egg after that. So am not doing good at all. I think I will go to the gym after BL tonight and swim or maybe before. Not sure DD daught has practice and DS has baseball practice more like taxi service for me. Hope everyone is doing good. Keep up the good work all.
    Kelly- good job on the shred, want to start that again when knee gets better.
    Lyn- Yeah gym!!
    Barb-:) those teens keep us on our toes eh? Just enjoy the good days that all I can do
    Love ya all:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Good Morning Pepper's,
    Sorry not checking in as much. Its been very busy on my day job and the second job. Yes Kelly I will be back to one job for the rest of the year April 15th is the last day. I am so busy I am getting no down time and eating supper to late at night. Have not done my 30 day shred for a week. I forgot how hard it was durning tax season. I have been ok with sticking to my calories. The last two days I have not been logging (no time). At least I have the next two nights off and can get some well needed sleep.

Gotta get back to work. :bigsmile:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! I'm still doing good over here. Saturday did not turn out well after the alcohol and the eventual late night pizza, but I've kept it on track ever since. I've been using Gold's Gym Cardio for the Wii the past few days. It is kinda fun and my arms are really sore today. I could use the arm workout, so I think I'll add this into the mix for a while. DH and I are meeting at the gym after work today.

Barb, DH has a Droid. He loves it. I got the HTC Droid Eris. They are both pretty cool little phones. Maybe I can help out if you have any questions.

Hang in there everyone, the week is halfway over!!!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Morning Peppers

Sorry I have been MIA ... I have a kidney infection but i am doing better ..... it has lasted a week ..... last week was horrible ... chills fever aches all over no appetitie ..... today i feel about 80% better but i still have the pain in my kidney .... i have been drinking quarts and quarts of cranberry juice ..... as of today i have lost 1 pound this week a total of 50 since august i am sooooooo excited.
    Hope everyone is doing good .... take care
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    Been MIA this week until today :( I went tot the doc on monday because of all teh tummy junk that I have been having onn and off, not he pressed on my gallbladder and I nearly flew off the table in pain. So he took some labs and I am having an untrasound on it on friday. Kinda nervous, hoping for the best......So no gym this week but have been going to the stores and walk walk walking! so getting some movement in! Gonna go rollerskating tonight I think.
    Aunt flow is here and giving me a hard time......
    Eating pretty good, and trying to get down water, but it doesnt really want to happen for some reason.
    Need to do laundry as Im sitting here in pants 2 sizes too big, and I need to buy some new ones:) that is a good thing, but there is always the fear that If I get rid of these what will I do if I gain and need them again..
    Checked out the curves here in town AND LOVED IT! the owner also owns the tanning salon next door so there is a discount!:) PERKS! I am totally gonna try the free week pass when I am okd by the doc.
    Well catching up on the conversations here as I missed some. Hope you have a great day team!
    ~V
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Good Afternoon Pepper's,
    MissV I tossed all my big clothes, I dont ever want to fit in them again :laugh: I know I have to work hard when my pants start to get snug. I donated most of them. The churches have great sales and for the needy. I had a bunch of dress clothes I got rid of. Hope your tummy gets better and you get good news from the ultrasound on Friday.

I am not doing well today with food. I dont see me going over but not happy with my selection today. Hopefully I will be shopping this week end after work for my new bed. I need one so bad.

Gotta get back to work. Have a great day Pepper's. :bigsmile:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    hey all..well the day started off good....but having some sugar/carb/salt cravings.....:angry: so, I had to add chips, pizza and gum drops to my food log...:angry: plus, I am really tired again today. Oh, I was playing around with the goals again, and my news feed showed a loss of 4.8...NOT. sorry gang...no loss yet.
    :smile:
    Jacque ~ you are a busy lady with them kiddos. take care of that knee.
    Cindy ~ good job with sticking to cals while being so busy with your work schedule. Keep at it, it all counts! Hope you get some good rest....you deserve it!
    Crystal ~ you're doing soo good with everything! Way to go! You're rockin' the workouts!
    Megan ~ get better soon! sorry you're in so much pain...take care!! YIPPY!! you're passed the 1/2 way mark!! 50 lbs!! Wonderful!
    Vita ~be careful with that gallbladder. I hope things improve for ya. Let us know what you find out. I took all my really big clothes ( like 4 sizes bigger than now) to Goodwill. I refuse to buy new and bigger. One thing that I do buy to fit tho is underwear. Who likes panties that fall down or a bra that could hold a 3rd one?:bigsmile:

Enjoy the rest of the day!!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    hey everyone
    It seems like we've become a group w/medical issues. I hope all much success in beating whatever is ailing them.

I'm having challenges again w/my daughter like I shared earlier in the week.
    Well, now she informs me she informs she wants to go to Curves w/me. Wants me to buy her a membership. And then my 11 yr old wants a membership too.

I can't complain.... the girls want to go... My oldest has gone 2x this week and likes it. Let's celebrate my oldest wants to be with me and my other dauther wants to do something other than watch tv and cook/bake. This baking/cooking daughter likes to be w/me... it's the oldest who thinks I"M EVIL......

Off to buy milk at the local wawa. Let me add, it's past 9pm here and I'm just informed no milk left. IF my middle daughter didn't make a cinnamin bread which the family had to devour w/milk. SIgh........
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Mornin' gang!

Well, yesterday was NOT good. Over on cals and NO exercise. Gonna try harder today. The more info I read about calories, BMR, activity level, etc, etc, etc....the MORE I am confused. Of all the sites I have visited, even MFP, my calorie range could be anywhere from 1200 - 1900? Then I saw last Sun on GMA a segment they did on actual calories burned....compared the workout machines in gyms, HRM that we wear and the more scientific one that hospitals use (a breathing contraption, which of course was the most accurate.) The HRM were almost 10% higher than the gym machines, and the machines averaged 10-15% higher than the real accurate reading. That is WAY off. Did anyone else see this? I considered zig zagging, but almost feel this is some type of the yo-yo process. I know I may have more time than some folks, but even logging is seeming so time consuming lately. Sometimes I think I stress so much about all of this, that it is not helping me, but making things worse.........Why is this so hard? I have been on here over a year....and nothing really seems any easier. Dang, just feeling like I am trapped and in a box...and no way out. I understand the whole 'comfort zone' thing, but I just don't know what to do anymore. SO frustrated!! :ohwell:
  • jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    Kelly I totally know what you mean. I havent done any logging in weeks, just seems to tired to do it. I forced myself to walk yesterday after work. It did irritate my knee a little but not bad. i feel like as soon as I make a progress i have an issue wityh health, family or no money for good food AGH!!