Hello

Options
Just started Curves, have done 3 days of their circuit work and this is my second day of monitoring my food intake. I have never weighed this much or been this out of shape. Figured since I am mid fortiesand if I didn't start doing something, I'd only go further downhill. Looking for supportive friends who understand what I'm going through.

Replies

• fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp!!! this site is great and you will love it!! good luck on your journey!!
  • shaley21
    shaley21 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I have to post a picture soon. I just signed up for this site today. It was suggested to me from the martial arts school that I started attending last week. I have about 100 punds to lose and I have finally accepted the fact that this is an on-going life thing and I have to continously work at losing the weight and keeping it off.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I am in my mid-fortys and have gone thru menopause (early I know) so double whammy! Before I could lose 5 lbs in a week - now it takes 1 1/2 months! Hang in there - better late than never!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Kimberly and I want to loose weight. Since last year at this time I have dropped 30 pounds. I went from 194 to 164. I feel good but still jiggly and it's time to step it up for some real weight loss. You see, I have taken quite a long break since the 30 pounds. This diet-lifestyle started and ended when I was faced with losing a job, finding a new job, and moving in with my first live in boyfriend. That was in August - six months ago. I have felt some pressure from my significant other- he doesn't have a problem with his weight at all and doesn't understand what I'm going through. He suggested the weight loss and I'm glad he did. I want to make him happy-- and I have realized in my efforts loosing weight makes ME happy. I kept off the weight but I still haven't reached my goal. Four weeks ago I decided I wanted to start working harder for a healthy lifestyle and so I can be happier with the way I look. I joined an all ladies gym, Body Boutique. I have been working out 6-7 days a week approximately burning about 445 calories at each session. I have only dropped two pounds. I'm doing most of the things I did before when I lost the weight but something is keeping me from more progress. I struggle with eating too much at work. Often there are sweets available and I get bored and putting something in my mouth just seems right. I'd like to make some friends to help me with this struggle!! I need advise! Thanks new pals!
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    Welcome to the site. You have made the right first step by joining this site. It really works. But it only works if (a) you really want to lose weight (b) you are true to yourself when you track your food and exercise. Dont think of things as being on a diet (that is punishment for likeing food) you are embarking on a lifestyle change. Don't expect everything to happen overnight. For weight loss to be a true loss and for it to be healthy is should come off slowly. Crash dieting does not work!!!!! Aim to lose a couple of pounds a week. Some weeks you will not lose others you may lose more. DO NOT weigh yourself every day. Only weigh once a week.

Also remember if you are doing muscle building exercises you will "put wieght on". Muscle is heavier than fat so before you go too far down this road make sure you take some key measurements so you can see the inch loss too.

Good luck to you all.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello, I've never worked out at Curves but have known people who have and they dearly love it. I understand your concerns about your health - I'm there myself. I'm looking to change my lifestyle to enjoy a good quality of life. :bigsmile: