Having trouble meeting my calorie goal!

Options
Im having trouble meeting my calorie goal everyday. Especially when I gain like 300 extra calories after working out. I know the more you work out the more calories you need but Im always like 200-300 under my calories still after I work out.. Any help on whats good for high calories? Im doing well with my fat, crabs etc its just im way under on my carbs! Thanks!

Replies

• sblades
    sblades Posts: 75
    Options
    I suggest bread! I love bread, and for a long time I didn't buy bread because I was not in a good place with bread... like I'd over do it a bit. A piece of bread is full of carbs, and if you eat whole wheat you've got fiber and whatnot as well. toast with peanut butter is a favorite after workout snack of mine - calorie dense, but good for you! If you prefer, almond butter is also very good.
  • greene601
    Options
    Thanks, this is very helpful for me as I am just beginning this fat loss journey!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Think clean foods- whole grains, dairy, lean proteins, fruits/veggies. Take a look at my food diary if you wish.
    Also, don't not be afraid of fat...fat is good...olive oil, coconut oil, nuts, seeds, and whole fat dairy.
  • thenailgirl
    Options
    I am having trouble also but I have a gluten allergy so Im not to have bread. I have struggled trying to eat the right foods but of course all the foods I eat now are all low in calories. Im not to eat bread, pasta, potatoes or dairy. This is becoming more challenging. Even harder when you excerise cause then you get more calories. I find myself eating bad foods just to get close to my calories!! I have never been a fruit & veggie person so my life style change has been difficult. More so now that I am counting calories. Just not sure what to do?? Any suggestions?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    I am having trouble also but I have a gluten allergy so Im not to have bread. I have struggled trying to eat the right foods but of course all the foods I eat now are all low in calories. Im not to eat bread, pasta, potatoes or dairy. This is becoming more challenging. Even harder when you excerise cause then you get more calories. I find myself eating bad foods just to get close to my calories!! I have never been a fruit & veggie person so my life style change has been difficult. More so now that I am counting calories. Just not sure what to do?? Any suggestions?

There is a group on here just for those that have to be gluten free...join that group (I'm sure they exchange recipes and tips).
    Try to eat more fruits/veg...try one new item a week. If you don't like it...try it again a month of so later. It take about 15 times for a persons taste buds to adapt to a new food/flavor. Just keep trying.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Check out my food diary. I never have problems meeting or exceeding my calorie goals.... :grumble:

:wink:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Check out my food diary. I never have problems meeting or exceeding my calorie goals.... :grumble:

You must have a friends only view...I can't access it.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

You must have a friends only view...I can't access it.

Eh, lemme go unlock the sucker. I don't care who sees it. I know I eat poorly. I'm a work in progress. :smile:
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I second the peanut butter on wholewheat toast :heart:
    I eat a lot of pb!

I also try to eat a big-ish breakfast every morning, between 350-400 cals, and then graze through the day: a snack every couple of hours. My work colleagues cannot believe I've lost weight "they way I am always eating". I've become so used to the 2-hourly snack that I get grumpy if I don't eat that often.

Good luck with your new lifestyle and eating plan :)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Almonds!! (Yummy!)
    Hard boiled eggs.
    Yogurt.
    Pita and Hummus.
    Apple
    Pear
    Banana
    Some whole wheat linguini with pesto or marinara/salsa.
  • becca78
    becca78 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks everyone! All your info has helped out alot!