Does it still count as water?

Options
I drink around 3-4 litres of water throughout the day, most of it I add a squirt of lemon juice too, because too much plain water makes me feel ill sometimes.
Is this still counting towards my water intake? The lemon juice is just plain old lemon juice.
I was drinking club soda instead of water as I love the fizziness of it, but I felt like it was making me bloated by drinking it all the time.

Replies

• Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Yes it does =)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    because too much plain water makes me feel ill sometimes.
    drink half the amount and it's still plenty.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice is a great additive! It absolutely still counts.

I also love to add orange slices and use frozen grapes for ice then snack on then when it's gone.

It's all about mixing it up and keeping it new and not boring. :)
  • shortstuff67
    shortstuff67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As long as a drink is not alcoholic it counts towards your water intake. Even food has water content that counts. So you can cut back on the amount you are drinking if it is making you feel ill. :)
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Too much water can make you ill! It can drop your sodium level.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    If it's making you feel ill, then you might be drinking too much. Yes, your body definitely still uses that water for hydration, even if it has lemon juice added. Even if it has sugar and caffeine added, it would still hydrate you. There are lots of people who only count plain water towards their intake, so that's up to you really, but your body certainly uses water from everything you eat and drink, whether you count it towards your daily intake or not.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    2 litres of water is plenty if eating a good balanced diet. More if you are on those very low calorie type diets. I did want to eyeroll when I first read the post, but refrained...
  • Booobarella
    Options
    I have always been a big water drinker, I used to be able to drink plain water by the bottle all day long. But I am on some medication that has changed the way my body handles food and liquids. I do not drink soda's or juices at all, it has always been water for me.
    For example, I can no longer drink teas or alcohol or they pass straight through me. Suddenly the taste of plain water just makes me gag.
    Thank you for all of the replies, I appreciate them all :)