Weigh less in the morning?

Options
I weigh 2 kilos lighter in the morning than I do at night. Which one is my true weight?

Replies

• tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I weigh 2 kilos lighter in the morning than I do at night. Which one is my true weight?
    Neither...
    next question
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Neither...
    next question

both :smile:
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    1. It doesn't really matter, but for the purposes of calculating things like BMI, use the morning weight, just because it's lower.
    2. The difference is due to water - it's not fat that you put on during the day each day, so whether you weight yourself at night or in the morning, just make sure that when comparing weight loss, you always weigh around the same time.

Ease up on "what's my true weight" - the number on the scale isn't everything. More important things are what you look like (e.g. measurement), how you feel etc.
  • lhs1965
    lhs1965 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have always been told weighing 1st thing in the morning in the buff is your true weight
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    The best time to weigh is in the morning after a good sleep with no clothes on & after having a pee (before breakfast) - that way, food and water aren't being taken into account, just your body.
  • MarcelineAbadeer
    MarcelineAbadeer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    well you could always find the average of them.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    The best time to weigh is in the morning after a good sleep with no clothes on & after having a pee (before breakfast) - that way, food and water aren't being taken into account, just your body.

exactly
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options

This is what I do as well.