New and now thinner from Maryland

Options
Hey Everyone....

I have been using MFP for about 10 months since my wife told me about it. I have been slowly losing weight by eating better and exercising, mostly speed walking and some jogging. I am not perfect and have a had some slow months during the year due to work and other issues, but I get back on the band wangon and pull up my big boy pants. Since I have been on MFP I have lost nearly 40 lbs and overall 70 lbs. I can't believe how much better I am starting to feel since I am loosing weight and how I am starting to feel really good about my self and I DESERVE to feel good. My goal for now is to get down to about 225lbs. At one point in college I was about 200 to 205 and it was very hard for me to maintain the weight. I think in may ways just being below 300lbs will be amazing and something I have not seen for probably close to 10 years or so. I can't wait to cross that barrier and leave the 3's behind and hello to the 200's... What a great feeling it will be when I achieve it. My ultimate goal is to go in to a clothes store and buy what ever I want, not worrying do they have Big and Tall or I have to "special order" the clothes. Since I have lost the most recent 15lbs or so I have noticed more clothing choices have started to open up and I LOVE IT!!!!!

Drop me a line and I would love to hear from you!!!

Replies

• Karenannmo
    Options
    Hello from Delaware,
    You are doing a fantastic job.....way to go!!! I have been on MFP since July and have lost 9 pounds so far. Doesn't sound like a lot but I feel so much better. My pants now zip up without me laying down and sucking in my stomach, LOL!! Anyway, keep up the great work and feel free to "friend" me.....can never have to much encouragement!!
  • chez_b
    chez_b Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congratulations on your success.
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi to you from Maryland! Good work, it's a great feeling, isn't it? Feel free to add me, too. :smile:
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am also here because my wife showed it to me. I was always about 185 ish through college, but as I got older that kept increasing until little by little until about a year ago I got on the scale and saw 251! I struggled but managed to get around 230 ish when my wife showed me MFP (last February). I was amazed to find out that things I thought were "healthy" were not and I never really had a good idea how many calories were in anything. MFP really opened my eyes and using it I am down to 192 - 195. I am hoping to see that elusive 185 one more time. Fell free to add me!
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Nice job so far! 70 pounds lost is a HUGE accomplishment! YAY for you!:laugh:
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am from Baltimore, MD. Congrats on your success. I am working on getting my weight down too.
  • lomew6
    lomew6 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey Guys my name is lo mew bar tho. I am a newel join person on this forum.I search this forum through search engine.I am living in Canada.My hobby is playing snooker,riding bikes and also help poor and needy person.I shall do my best to participate in this forum for like a human.good luck!!
  • ryang99
    ryang99 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody it is good to hear from everyone espcially those who are close by..... I know I will need everyone's support...
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!!!!!
  • JenLovesFall
    Options
    Hello Fellow Marylander!!

That's wonderful! I'm so so so happy for you!!! Thank you for posting your story. It makes me so happy to read positive stories like yours. Keep up the good work!! :happy:

Jen
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys my name is lo mew bar tho. I am a newel join person on this forum.I search this forum through search engine.I am living in Canada.My hobby is playing snooker,riding bikes and also help poor and needy person.I shall do my best to participate in this forum for like a human.good luck!!

<a href="http://www.nolimitbootcamp.com/orange_county_weight_loss/">Weight Loss Orange County</a>

dafuq did I just read?
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    Woohoo! Lots of Marylanders!
    Baltimore here too!

Congrats to all the successes going on!
    MFP is certainly a great place for motivation and support.

Happy to have new friends if anyone wants to add. :)
  • fitnessprincessy69
    fitnessprincessy69 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed with your weight loss.

It sounds like you have a wonderful family to encourage and support you along with your MFP friends. But, I think it is your strength of will that has truly been your biggest asset! You did a great job describing your struggles and triumphs during your weight loss journey! Your story is so real... and you have encouraged me to accept my falls and to get right back up!!! Thanks you for sharing.

I know you will make your goal and live healthy!!
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Hello from MoCo!

Been on here since spring. Recently had surgery which set me back, but I'm on track now!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    :drinker:

Hello from MoCo!

Been on here since spring. Recently had surgery which set me back, but I'm on track now!

Well hello, from moco as well. Rockville checking in.
  • sugarnspice8
    Options
    Whoo hooo all these marylanders, well im on the eastern shore
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Another Marylander here (transplant, not native) - HoCo! :D You've already made some amazing progress - glad you're here!!!