I'm new :)

Options
Hi :) my names Lisa and I'm pretty new to this. I've had this account for ages but I'm finally starting to actually use it. I've recently joined a weight loss programme at my gym to help me motivate myself to loose weight. I'm 21 and I've been overweight for most of my teenage years up to now. I've tried to loose weight many times but I always manage to loose motivation.
So please come say hi and share your tips :)

Replies

• Hi there!

Welcome to MFP, it's definitely a great tool to use on your weight loss journey.

The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to treat this as a lifestyle change, not a diet. You can still eat the foods you love, just monitor your portion sizes. It will all pay off in the end and once you get into it, it just comes naturally :)
  • lisahhjayne14
    lisahhjayne14 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm trying to do because everytime I hear the word 'diet' I just fail! Haa
  • Diets are always unsustainable.

I like this, I get to have treats and eat healthy, and gain weight!
  • misstilley12
    misstilley12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey Lisa :) when i read this is sounded exactly like me lol, i am also 21 have battled with my weight most my life and had an account here ages before i actually used it :) The people on here are fantastic to keep you motivated and when you are having a down day i find looking at the message board "Success Stories" helps me through, you can see that a lot of people are in a similar boat and have managed to do it, so if you are looking for a weight loss buddy or someone to chat to im here

xx
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Welcome to MFP, it's definitely a great tool to use on your weight loss journey.

The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to treat this as a lifestyle change, not a diet. You can still eat the foods you love, just monitor your portion sizes. It will all pay off in the end and once you get into it, it just comes naturally :)

This
  • lisahhjayne14
    Options
    Hey Lisa :) when i read this is sounded exactly like me lol, i am also 21 have battled with my weight most my life and had an account here ages before i actually used it :) The people on here are fantastic to keep you motivated and when you are having a down day i find looking at the message board "Success Stories" helps me through, you can see that a lot of people are in a similar boat and have managed to do it, so if you are looking for a weight loss buddy or someone to chat to im here

xx

Thanks :) Likewise for you if you need a weight loss buddy! xx
  • vilan_phil
    vilan_phil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also new here :) Good luck to us :)
  • misstilley12
    Options
    I do need a weight loss buddy too :D im having my 2nd weigh in today and im nervous :S xxx
  • lisahhjayne14
    Options
    Hi, I'm also new here :) Good luck to us :)
    [/quote

Good luck! xx
  • lisahhjayne14
    Options
    I do need a weight loss buddy too :D im having my 2nd weigh in today and im nervous :S xxx

Good luck! I have my next weigh in on Monday xx
  • misstilley12
    Options
    I dread it everyweek, luckily my gym session is straight after being weighed so if i do not like it it gives me a kick up the backside to do better :) good luck for Monday :D xx