NSV's

Options
Had a couple of NSV's so far this week, ran 10k for the first time on Monday just cos I decided to see if I could having only run 3k 3 times in the last 4 weeks, and not much else for last 12 years. Took me 1 hour and 5 mins but something to build on.

And then today I have reached the last hole on my "new" belt that only just fitted when I bought it about 2 months ago!! Still not seeing the change really despite other people telling me they can but guess these are signs am on the right path.

Anyone else getting nsv's but not visually seeing much change themselves?

Replies

• Had a couple of NSV's so far this week, ran 10k for the first time on Monday just cos I decided to see if I could having only run 3k 3 times in the last 4 weeks, and not much else for last 12 years. Took me 1 hour and 5 mins but something to build on.

And then today I have reached the last hole on my "new" belt that only just fitted when I bought it about 2 months ago!! Still not seeing the change really despite other people telling me they can but guess these are signs am on the right path.

Can I just ask, what is an NSV?

And yes, my mum commented yesterday that my belly looked heaps smaller...
  • Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Had a couple of NSV's so far this week, ran 10k for the first time on Monday just cos I decided to see if I could having only run 3k 3 times in the last 4 weeks, and not much else for last 12 years. Took me 1 hour and 5 mins but something to build on.

Can I just ask, what is an NSV?

And yes, my mum commented yesterday that my belly looked heaps smaller...

NSV stands for Non Scale Victory, those little things that makes your life happier but are not related to the scale :)
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hey dude, i'm getting loads of NSVs but not much overall weight loss! i can see it a bit but not as much as everyone else. I have noticed in clothes, i had to go and buy loads of new tops last week as the old ones looked like tents!

Mixture of cardio and heavy weights. I can see the muscles packing on which may explain the scales.
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    Awesome NSV's!!!!

My scale hasn't been moving much lately....but I took measurements this morning, and my waist is over 1" smaller, and I've lost 6" off my hips in the past 2.5 months! Pretty stoked.
  • rubytOU
    rubytOU Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Scale hasnt moved but I came out of the locker room after changing into my workout clothes and my trainer actually said, holy crap, look at you? you are looking awesome. :) *high fives herself*
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    I went to the Gym yesterday and my workout partner who i see 3-4 times a week said wow you can really see a difference with that outfit on...it was just a black tank top and running pants...but I was stoked!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I'm having a lot of people telling me they see the weight coming off, but I'm not visually seeing it yet...I have a few pairs of pants that are a tad looser, but that's it...keeping on, though!! Good for you!!!
  • xkdrowex
    xkdrowex Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    When I stand with my feet together there is a small space between my thighs where there never a space. That is exciting to me!
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    That's awesome.
  • stepmark
    stepmark Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Just up'd my running/jogging from 3 to 4 miles over my lunch hour. Never thought I'd even accomplish 3 miles... let alone 4!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Hey dude, i'm getting loads of NSVs but not much overall weight loss! i can see it a bit but not as much as everyone else. I have noticed in clothes, i had to go and buy loads of new tops last week as the old ones looked like tents!

Mixture of cardio and heavy weights. I can see the muscles packing on which may explain the scales.

Dude, I hear ya. I didn't really notice much until I lost the first 32. Hit a plateau for a few months and found MPD to find ways to break the plateau. Down and 24 now.
    Early on the first thing I noticed was that the draw string in my gym shorts got longer. :bigsmile:
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    Did you do measurements/photos when you began? I have heard many say that they didn't see the changes until they compared the before photos and measurements.

Keep up the good work.
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    NSV.. i'm strong enough to hang my daughter upside down by her ankles with one arm...
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    When I stand with my feet together there is a small space between my thighs where there never a space. That is exciting to me!

That's my dream/goal!!!! :):):)
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Did you do measurements/photos when you began? I have heard many say that they didn't see the changes until they compared the before photos and measurements.

Keep up the good work.

Didnt take any measurements, kept meaning to but never got round to it. only started tracking body fat% etc after about 1 stone lost, was 32 something then, so must have been 35 plus beofre. now down to 26.7 last time i checked 2 weeks ago, gonna weigh in tomorrow or Friday and see where am at again now.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the NSVs!!! They're the greatest aren't they? :smile:
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have to say my upper body is looking quite good...some definition there, not so much arm flab when waving...small victory...the belly and hips will take some time...there is a lot of pudge there...so from the waist up, I am rockin' it :)
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I lifted 305 lbs yesterday and I can run for 30 min straight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!