Another Insanity Thread! (Im sorry:p)

Options
Hey everyone!
Thanks for taking the time to look at my thread <3

I am just curios about something, are there anyone that has done insanity without following the mealplan?
I am asking this because I have a friend that is overweight, and he is going to begin insanity. But because of his situation, he wont be able to change his eating habits. Well to a certain degree maybe, but overall no.
Is there no point in him doing insanity? Or should he still do it?

I guess I am also asking for myself, cause I hate following mealplans, I do still try to eat somewhat healthy, and drink loads of water!

:heart:

Replies

• LadyVeng3ance
    LadyVeng3ance Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Bump! Anyone?

:flowerforyou:
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting it out. I won't be following that rigid mealplan. I will, however, be eating well, tracking and balancing. If by "not following the mealplan" you mean "not strictly following every recipe in the book", then yes it's still worth doing. If you mean "will still be living on deep pan pizza and beer and taking in 5,000 cals a day" then it won't make a noticeable difference.
  • LadyVeng3ance
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! :heart:
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    There's a meal plan?

I did it for two months. I followed my own program and didn't even realize there was a plan! The results were amazing!

It's hard but it challenges you like nothing else!

Make sure he eats enough..that sucker burns calories and he'll injure if he's not fueled properly..otherwise, if he's fit enough, go for it!
  • luvhandles74
    luvhandles74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't find the nutrition plan ridgid myself. I did Insanity the first time without following the nutrition plan, I got some results but I found the energy levels to be a bit low..I still got through it though and lost a few pounds. I just started round two 3 days ago and this time I'm following the food plan, I just want to see if I can get better results.

I do agree with Zomoniac though, as long as you stick to a balanced menu, eating as well as you can and staying within required calorie counts the results will come and it will certainly be worth it.
  • LadyVeng3ance
    Options
    Yes, I thought that myself!

I am so bad at counting calories though.. I have never done it before!!

:noway:
  • plumlane
    Options
    I am trying to eat the same IDEA of the program, but the recipes are pretty dull, i used to only eat three meals a day, this program says that isn't enough so i am adding to it with the other two meals...we will see how that goes. I am on day 3 of insanity and hoping i can push myself to keep going. It is so hard!