BUUUURP

Options
Okay, I know this is a little weird, but does anyone else find themselves burping a lot after (during) a workout? Doesn't matter if I eat or don't eat before I hit the gym, but I find myself burping more during exercise.

Replies

• ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    yup
  • daysofmylife
    daysofmylife Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes! INo rhyme or reason to it with diet or time of day. It is almost as if I burp when I'm trying to take in a deep breath. Odd. Not that I would wish it upon others, but nice to not be alone.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Yuuuuuuuuuuup
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yup. Whenever I run, I start getting kinda burpy around mile 2. Working out causes your whole body to be active, including your GI tract. Ever hear someone say that running makes you "regular". It's true. Getting your body moving gets your bowels moving. It's healthy and normal.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    No, can't say it's ever happened to me. However, I would guess it happens because you are mouth-breathing through at least some of your workout and swallowing air as a result. That swallowed air is going to come out one end or the other!
  • ewestsca
    ewestsca Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It happens to me sometimes. I never really thought about it until you asked. I'll have to remember to check if I ate or not before I burp.