Shred Starting 1st March

Options
2»

Replies

• smallangel2010
    smallangel2010 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm at L1D3. Boy, was I sore yesterday! Not so bad tonight - my muscles must be getting used to Jillian. I'm working tomorrow so it will be a challenge to get motivated after work to do the shred. :laugh:
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    HI Shredder's!! :bigsmile:

Level 1 Day 1 DONE! I am going on a brisk walk and then doing a stretch and tone DVD later....to help with soreness (tomorrow :ohwell:) The last time I started this the first 3-4 days were pretty painful. I am so excited to be here with all you! Took my measurements...and not feeling good with the results! I am 5'4", bout 190 lbs, usually a size 16, apple shape... Wt loss needs to happen....

neck 15
    tricep 16, wow more than my neck :noway:
    bust 45
    waist 38 3/4
    abdomen 41
    hips 45
    thigh 24.5
    calf 16
    YIKES!

Is it best to do this daily (recommended per the DVD) OR every other day to let the muscles rest??
  • spikess
    spikess Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    can i join, i've just got my dvd and started it today. just level 1 for the now!

SW: 207
    neck: 13
    arm: 14
    bust: 45
    waist: 35
    hips: 43
    thigh: 24.5
    calf: 15.5

i'm an 18 just now so im hoping to drop a couple of sizes.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Hey, I see there is another **Shred** thread...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/84067-march-shred-group

should we all come together as one group and support each other?? I think I will venture over. My stretching and resistance training last week helped A LOT with my soreness....yesterday was day 1. Feeling pretty good today!!

Good luck everyone!!
  • saritacg7
    saritacg7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started on Sunday, dripping sweat!!!! I'm on L1D4 today still sore but I'm much better then day 1. How is everyone doing the levels??? I'm doing level 1 on week 1, level 2 on week two, 3 on 3, and on week four I'm planning to do two levels each day like 1&2 the first two days. Next two days 1&3, then 2&3 and 3&3. Is that recommended or is that two much?
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I started on Sunday, dripping sweat!!!! I'm on L1D4 today still sore but I'm much better then day 1. How is everyone doing the levels??? I'm doing level 1 on week 1, level 2 on week two, 3 on 3, and on week four I'm planning to do two levels each day like 1&2 the first two days. Next two days 1&3, then 2&3 and 3&3. Is that recommended or is that two much?
    I've done 30DS in the past so I wanted to do something different. I decided to do Level 1/2/3 T/W/Th. Not sure what I am going to do Mondays - probably just a long walk with the family. Friday I rest and Saturday mornings I am going to do JM's Burn Fat Boost Metabolism. Did it this morning - it is a great transition from Level 3. Kicked my butt!!!

You might want to look into that video and see how you like it instead of doing two levels a day. :) It is about 50 minutes of circuit training. More cardio - no hand weights - great workout!
  • smallangel2010
    smallangel2010 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow shredders - finally felt confident enough to move onto L2 after 10 days of L1 and getting slightly bored of it. It was ALOT tougher and the intensity has been most certainly been upped by JM. My upper arms are alot more toned and my 'bingo wing's are not as flabby!

Question: Has anyone experienced slight mid-back pain/ twinge when doing the star jumps, as I have (JM calls them jumping jacks) ? During other moves I am fine and feel no pain at other times. Maybe my muscles are slightly strained?? Any advise?