HRM

Options
2»

Replies

• inspiration78
    Options
    I ended up getting the Polar F6. I see that you have that one. Does it ever stop working? I notice when I get up in the mid to high 90% it goes back to 00. Have you experienced that? Just wondering if it was just me or if it's unique to me. Thanks.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I think that happens with lots of them, it happens with my FT60 at least. I got up to 188 the other day, and it went down to 00 for a little while.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I ended up getting the Polar F6. I see that you have that one. Does it ever stop working? I notice when I get up in the mid to high 90% it goes back to 00. Have you experienced that? Just wondering if it was just me or if it's unique to me. Thanks.

I have a polar F6 and love it. When it goes to 00. It's not reading your heartbeat from the chest strap.
    Happened to me a few times.

#1 - it's not wet, add some water to the sensors on the strap.
    #2 - It's not tight enough and as your doing exercises it moves and seperates away from your chest.

edit: I've had to re-adjust my chest strap 4 or 5 times in the last year.
  • ropsnik
    ropsnik Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 HRM that I bought at REI for approx $90. It measures the heart rate, time duration, in heart rate zone duration, calories, avg heart rate and max heart rate. The watch and chest strap have batteries that you can change by yourself. The chest strap will adjust up to approx 54 inches. This HRM worked every single time I used it (approx 60 times).This model does not have the ability to sync to a computer.

Overall, I have been been very satisfied. It does not have all of the bells and whistles as a more expensive model, but, for my purposes, the info is what I am looking for and it is very easy for me to log. And I do trust the results more than I do on exercise equipment because the HRM calculates its results based on your heart rate, age and weight.

Best regards. The HRM was a great investment.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options

I have a polar F6 and love it. When it goes to 00. It's not reading your heartbeat from the chest strap.

#2 - It's not tight enough and as your doing exercises it moves and seperates away from your chest.

Ahhh #2 is it for me. It was freaking out with the 00 when I was running on Saturday and then yesterday in dance class, I had to keep pushing it back up. I'll adjust it tonight! Thanks :)
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options

I second this!

Actually I am a little embarrassed because for a while I was thinking my chest strap was kaput and I was going to get REALLY upset because I've only had it for a little over a month.

Then I had a 'a-ha!' moment where I realized that the chest strap was too loose. Tightened it, and it solved the problem instantly. So yes, make sure you're wetting it and that it's also tight enough. Also, make sure to clean it with soap and water after EVERY use and let it dry. It helps keep connectors in good condition.
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to get the Polar F7. I was going to get the F6 but read that the battery can be changed on the F7.
  • inspiration78
    Options
    Thanks for that bit of advice. I've checked to make sure it was wet but it didn't occur to me that it might not be tight enough! I'll definitely have to adjust that strap again as I lose more weight. Also, I'm thinking some of the movements (high kicks) might just make it move enough to lose the heartbeat. Thanks again!