corn chowder
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Bacon
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Almost anything that came from the ground or an animal... If you go to the grocery store, you'll find all the best foods around the outer wall. The less processed, the better.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    other then fruits

thanks for reading...
    ''

Honestly?!:noway:

Vegetables, whole grains, chicken, turkey, lean meats, fish, eggs, yogurt, cheese, oatmeal, quinoa.............
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Whatever I have in the fridge at any given moment.

Seriously though...there's a place for everything in a healthy way of eating. Its all about portion control and making good decisions.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, the things that are on the perimeter of the grocery store and aren't processed should be the bulk of your diet, and those processed foods in the middle of the store should be very little of it.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I think canned soups are healthy, the ones in clear broth not creamy. They are also not too expensive, thats usually what I eat for lunch most days.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, the things that are on the perimeter of the grocery store and aren't processed should be the bulk of your diet, and those processed foods in the middle of the store should be very little of it.

That is so true!
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    General rule of thumb-

Eat a lot of veggies
    Add some lean protein.

Don't forget to live (just a little)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Shakeology

Body by Vi

Ice Cream
  • bdubois63
    bdubois63 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    NORMAL FOOD YOU LIKE! Do you like meat... eat meat, do you like fruit... eat fruit, do you like vegis... eat vegis. Do not put one drop of anything you do not like or LOVE in your mouth. If you "don't like it" and it is just THERE...DON'T EAT IT!!!! Wait to get something that makes you happy! WATCH YOUR CALORIES....EAT WHAT YOU WANT....I have been doing it since April 1st and have lost 54 lbs....EATING ONLY WHAT I WANT....I WANT... not what the family wants not what is "easy" but WHAT I "WANT". IT IS AMAZING THE DIFFERENCE!

YES sometimes I WANT A BURGER, YES sometimes I WANT CARROT CAKE, YES I WANT SUBWAY ALOT...YES, I WANT STARBUCKS....but I always count the calories and stay under my alloted amount for my size/height....

AMAZINGLY SIMPLE IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT!
  • bdubois63
    bdubois63 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to say you can check out my diary and see I eat a variety of "everything".....yummy!
    :drinker:
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    NORMAL FOOD YOU LIKE! Do you like meat... eat meat, do you like fruit... eat fruit, do you like vegis... eat vegis. Do not put one drop of anything you do not like or LOVE in your mouth. If you "don't like it" and it is just THERE...DON'T EAT IT!!!! Wait to get something that makes you happy! WATCH YOUR CALORIES....EAT WHAT YOU WANT....I have been doing it since April 1st and have lost 54 lbs....EATING ONLY WHAT I WANT....I WANT... not what the family wants not what is "easy" but WHAT I "WANT". IT IS AMAZING THE DIFFERENCE!

YES sometimes I WANT A BURGER, YES sometimes I WANT CARROT CAKE, YES I WANT SUBWAY ALOT...YES, I WANT STARBUCKS....but I always count the calories and stay under my alloted amount for my size/height....

^^^^this eat what you want in moderation. if you gain from sodium, avoid those food a little more.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Vegetables - all kinds, including sea vegetables and beans, and plenty of variety
    Fish, seafood and lean meats,
    Nuts and nut butters
    Whole grains
    Fat from plant and fish sources

The less processed and the less sugar, sodium and artificial additives the 'healthier' food is likely to be. You can eat other foods and still be healthy, but you're best bet for remaining healthy is for the bulk of your food to come from the above sources.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Definitely pizza! All macros and a full range of food groups!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I'm not sure why you felt you needed to scream, but I agree with most of this. Except for NEVER eating anything you don't LOVE. In order to try new foods you will undoubtedly have to eat some foods you don't love or maybe even like and perhaps never will. But it often takes a few tries to really know if you like something, or a few teaks of a recipe to get it to the point that you LOVE it.

Don't be afraid to break out of your food "comfort zone". There just might be some foods out there that you LOVE that aren't fast food or sweets.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

I'm not sure why you felt you needed to scream, but I agree with most of this. Except for NEVER eating anything you don't LOVE. In order to try new foods you will undoubtedly have to eat some foods you don't love or maybe even like and perhaps never will. But it often takes a few tries to really know if you like something, or a few teaks of a recipe to get it to the point that you LOVE it.

Don't be afraid to break out of your food "comfort zone". There just might be some foods out there that you LOVE that aren't fast food or sweets.

I agree that it's a good idea to try new things and to try things you *think* you don't like. The freshness of a food or the way it's been prepared can make a tremendous difference in how palatable it is.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    "Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Everything edible can be healthy in appropriate doses. If you really can't think of anything healthy besides fruit, you need to reevaluate your definition of healthy.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate covered almonds! :)
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Here's a comprehensive list. Tiers 1 and 2.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/media/pages/ladder/